You do realize that We are officially out of the Wild Card

weams

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I feel like practically speaking there's a divisional realignment the last five weeks.

The ALWC2

Minnesota 65-61, -

Texas 64-61, 0.5 GB

LA Angels 64-62, 1 GB

Batlimore 63-63, 2 GB

Tampa Bay 62-64, 3 GB

Despite our poor play of late, we are the ONLY team in this group with a positive run differential this season, and 50+ runs ahead of the next closest by that standard.

It seems like the only reason why we are still in it is because the other teams have been having to play the teams that will makeup the majority of the rest of our schedule.

If we're going to make a run, I think it starts this weekend.

Tonight we face Hamels, he hasn't been pitching great but either was Ventura and we saw how that played out yesterday. We need a strong outing from Gausman.

Time to get to work.

That 2nd wild card is fool's gold, anyway. We're a sub-.500 team with no right to be talking about the post-season. Buck should be doing his Jim Mora impression if anyone brings up October baseball from here on out.

If the O's were in the National League, they'd be 10.5 games out of that 2nd WC, about where they reasonably should be. This team just isn't very good.

It's a flat out disgrace that we are in the situation we are in. We were 4 games from the World Series last year and didn't do a dang thing to improve during the offseason knowing that we would be probably in all likelihood be losing a lot of valuable assets after this year. I firmly believe the Front Office should be embarrassed by their lack of trying. I just don't understand how anyone can look at our offseason and think it was ok. I was furious before the season even began, and now look where we are. This core could have been so much more with just a little bit of help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a flat out disgrace that we are in the situation we are in. We were 4 games from the World Series last year and didn't do a dang thing to improve during the offseason knowing that we would be probably in all likelihood be losing a lot of valuable assets after this year. I firmly believe the Front Office should be embarrassed by their lack of trying. I just don't understand how anyone can look at our offseason and think it was ok. I was furious before the season even began, and now look where we are. This core could have been so much more with just a little bit of help.

I agree wholeheartedly. They could have added payroll (Cruz, etc) and sure the team would have been in the red this season. That's called going for it. Then, after this season there is a TON of money going off the books. It's an epic fail by ownership and front office.

Boom. You nailed it. First time I can remember where a sports team of any sport or league actually regressed in the offseason after coming so close the season before. What they did this off season, KNOWING what was to take place this coming off season, was a complete and utter travesty. And anyone who tries to justify it, and their are plenty here, are imo not living in what the sports world is today.

Boom. You nailed it. First time I can remember where a sports team of any sport or league actually regressed in the offseason after coming so close the season before. What they did this off season, KNOWING what was to take place this coming off season, was a complete and utter travesty. And anyone who tries to justify it, and their are plenty here, are imo not living in what the sports world is today.

I completely agree. All I care about is winning a World Series. Hell, even appearing in one (as 24 other franchises have done since we last did) would be nice. Budgets, other than my own, mean nothing to me. I don't care if the Os have a $300 million budget or a $30 million budget....just get to the playoffs and win the last game of the World Series once you are there. The FO of course has to care about the budget because they are controlled by rich folks who pretend to be poor. It is possible that they care about winning as much as fans do, but most of the time I doubt it. And after this offseason, I am not even sure the FO actually went to work this winter. I know there is no stat out there that measures the impact on team morale of just letting very popular, very good players leave and doing nothing to replace them; but if there was such a stat, it would clearly show the FO did a lot of damage this winter by doing absolutely nothing.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Despite dropping 8 of 9, Dan Duquette said today that he is still talking trades w other clubs that would help the team in 2015.</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

">August 29, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived