Schmuck throws in the towel on D-Cab...

markdublya

The point is that just because you agree with a move doesn't make it the right move. It might be, but we just don't know yet. "Experienced Professionals" aren't perfect.

Ok, what do you suggest they do with him? Throw in the towel? LOL, that's just as silly as anything and you know that. Knowing that you are going to have to hang on to a guy regardless and then saying that is pointless. What does it accomplish?

Hey, let's throw in the towel on the whole season why don't we?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok, what do you suggest they do with him?

:confused:

Ok.

For the third time in as many posts-

Like Schmuck says- they have no choice but to give him another shot. He has little trade value. It would be a classic case of selling "low".

Hopefully, Kranitz can do what Ray Miller and Leo Mazzone couldn't do.

Ok, what do you suggest they do with him? Throw in the towel? LOL, that's just as silly as anything and you know that. Knowing that you are going to have to hang on to a guy regardless and then saying that is pointless. What does it accomplish?

Hey, let's throw in the towel on the whole season why don't we?

Good grief.

You are changing the post as I am replying.

And you added more smartazz stuff. :eek::rolleyes:

When did I say ANYTHING about throwing in the towel? Hanging onto a guy with obvious talent is not pointless. You hope that the light finally comes on.

THey did the same with Ponson, for ex.

But, at some point, don't you have to cut bait? Some are there with him now, some aren't.

I have answered three times exactly what you are asking.

What is your problem?

Do you just want to start trouble?

It is obvious that you haven't read ANYTHING I have posted in response to your posts.

What a waste of time!

At least make an attempt at being intellectually honest. :mad:

When did I say ANYTHING about throwing in the towel? Hanging onto a guy with obvious talent is not pointless. You hope that the light finally comes on.

THey did the same with Ponson, for ex.

It was directed at Shmucks article which you seem to be agreeing with. Knowing that you have a guy that WILL be pitching 2008 and does have talent and saying that you've thrown in the towel IS pointless. It's like complaining openly that you have to go into work every day.

It was directed at Shmucks article which you seem to be agreeing with. Knowing that you have a guy that WILL be pitching 2008 and does have talent and saying that you've thrown in the towel IS pointless. It's like complaining openly that you have to go into work every day.

You are taking "thrown in the towel" literally.

I believe Schmuck meant it as a way of saying he doesn't think the light will ever come on for DCab.

While I have some doubts about Cabrera too, I was defending Schmuck the writer/person, not necessarily Schmuck's opinion.

Schmuck has been here a lot longer than DCab. He has never been a troublemaker.

Because of the many years spent here, and his good reputation, he has "earned" the benefit of the doubt and the right to write a critical opinion piece without being called names, imo.

You are taking "thrown in the towel" literally.

I believe Schmuck meant it as a way of saying he doesn't think the light will ever come on for DCab.

While I have some doubts about Cabrera too, I was defending Schmuck the writer/person, not necessarily Schmuck's opinion.

Schmuck has been here a lot longer than DCab. He has never been a troublemaker.

Because of the many years spent here, and his good reputation, he has "earned" the benefit of the doubt and the right to write a critical opinion piece without being called names, imo.

Fair enough, this is only one article of many of his that I've not liked but I do have respect for him and his past writings, no reason not to. Name calling isn't my style...not that you directed that at me.

Do you get confused when people ask you why you are an Orioles fan? What do you tell them?

Simply put, DCab is still a project that they are hoping to turn into a productive starter and he's still cheap (It's not like he's costing us 10mil a season.) and young and still has good stuff. Consistency with command is his problem which the O's FO feel they can fix. If you feel that the O's FO don't know what they are doing then maybe you should be prepared to answer that question of why you are an Oriole fan because it's the O's FO that have decided to keep him around.

People also always ask me why I am an Orioles fan and I say "because I love this team and always will, regardless."

Now, when people ask me more detailed and thoughtful questions like "Why do the Orioles continue to hold onto a pitcher that has consistently not shown real improvement despite 3 pitching coaches and many chances to become a solid, RELIABLE starter?"

No, I don't usually have an answer to that other than the standard reply of "front office incompetence."

Your comparison of my dedication as a fan and my utter contempt for the lack of removal of DCab as a starter is not logical and threadbare at best. Just because a person is in possession of a job doesn't mean that they are best QUALIFIED to do it.

That seems to apply to DCab as well as the Orioles front office. Saying that you give those fools over there the benefit of the doubt is like saying you expect the Keystone Cops to capture the Zodiac Killer.

Even with MacPhail over there making things right, there is obviously still a lot of work to do in regards to RECOGNIZING PROBLEMS and then ACTING UPON SOLVING THEM.

The Orioles have been ridiculously slow to do either, and they also would rather allow the problems to fester instead of fixing them in a clear and logical manner.

Do you honestly believe that if DCab were on the Yankees, Red Sux, Jays, Cubs, Dodgers, or even the damn Rays, that he wouldn't have been shifted to a long relief role, or a closer, sent to AAA, or just plain released?

I would rather hire the Three Stooges to perform open heart surgery on my best friend.

MSK

Archived