vs. RED SOX, 6/23

OFFNY

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Agree I’d love to see Rhino get some more run against lefties (especially cuz I have him on my fantasy team) but I don’t see it unless Mounty or god forbid Adley gets hurt. 
    • Maybe he has but part of this team reminds of the Weaver era, where Earl knew his teams strengths and knew how to put them in roles where they could succeed. This Administration has found a good spot for Ohearn, for me don't mess with it, if its righty he starts, if not great match up bat off the bench.
    • Here’s my top 10: 1. Gunnar to MVP levels, crushing lefties and potentially even improving at SS 2. Westburg to all-star levels 3. Bradish completely healthy (knock on wood) 4. Cowser to above-average regular levels 5. Ryan O’Hearn to ??? levels? Still absurdly high xwOBA 6. Cole Irvin settling into a solid rotation guy rather than swing man, potentially more 7. No steps back for Cano and Coulombe anchoring the pen 8. Cade Povich step forward, potentially already pushing for a rotation spot 9. Mountcastle mini-breakout, putting him as more of a solid/plus regular than borderline platoon guy, with 2 years of control after this one given we need the righty bat and not sure who the first baseman “of the future” will be 10. Plenty of others worthy (Suarez, Webb, Akin, Means, Mayo, Kjerstad), but I’ve already convinced myself Kade Strowd is going to be the next out-of-nowhere bullpen guy to emerge and be a big part of the pen by end of year  
    • This rotation has a chance to be special. I’m always thinking slightly negative though so I worry about Bradish and Means health, and can Irvin continue? With Irvin it’s less of a concern because they could put him in the bullpen, but with injuries I think he will be needed.
    • You are right. But I left that unstated because I figured most people inherently understand that we all employed to earn money. No matter how much, most people want to make the most that they are able to. 
    • Hardy had excellent hands and had all of the requisite skills in terms of foot quickness and the "athletic" movements that you need to be a very good defender at SS. However, he was a very slow runner on the Orioles (I can't speak to what he was on the Brewers because I don't recall watching him much when he was there). On the base paths or if they were to race, I would bet Westburg would win by a good/safe margin. And yes Westburg so far, has shown himself to be a much better hitter because he can use all fields. I love his approach as he competes every AB and rarely gives away ABs. He is what has classically been referred to as "a tough out". JJ Hardy was a straight pull hitter/power hitter and rarely hit the ball to the right side of second base. Most of his hits and especially mostly all of his power was to left field. He really struggled with pitches that were away from him (outside corner/outer part of the plate).
  • Popular Contributors