Drum beat a little louder for Cubs deal

wildcard

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it has been disruptive to the cubs players...mostly derosa so it is still being discussed...otherwise...hendry would have called it in the media. Troll? why? because i'm not an orioles fan? is that a prereq to give opinions here?

and the cubs would do that why? Having to take payton back is like giving up two prospects so you can take away cedeno & marshall in that scenario. The way marquis has pitched...i'm not sure the infamous payton for marquis even makes sense any more. Word is fukodome may be leading off tomorrow. Keep in mind, the only reason the cubs want roberts is to leadoff so if fuko is a success...the cubs have no need or interest in roberts. Is it fun paying a 30-yr old ex-roid using leadoff hitter

$8 mill to finish in last place? His value is dropping every day.

You embarrass all Cub fans.

and the cubs would do that why? Having to take payton back is like giving up two prospects so you can take away cedeno & marshall in that scenario. The way marquis has pitched...i'm not sure the infamous payton for marquis even makes sense any more. Word is fukodome may be leading off tomorrow. Keep in mind, the only reason the cubs want roberts is to leadoff so if fuko is a success...the cubs have no need or interest in roberts. Is it fun paying a 30-yr old ex-roid using leadoff hitter $8 mill to finish in last place? His value is dropping every day.

Im just going to forget that you even said that and automatically give you a second chance...

Just remember we are all guests here, dont make other remarks to inflame other teams fans just for spite. If you made the remark in error or jest i apologize. But please refrain from such actions again. :)

and the cubs would do that why? Having to take payton back is like giving up two prospects so you can take away cedeno & marshall in that scenario. The way marquis has pitched...i'm not sure the infamous payton for marquis even makes sense any more. Word is fukodome may be leading off tomorrow. Keep in mind, the only reason the cubs want roberts is to leadoff so if fuko is a success...the cubs have no need or interest in roberts. Is it fun paying a 30-yr old ex-roid using leadoff hitter $8 mill to finish in last place? His value is dropping every day.

I am confused as to what is dropping is value. Is it the .383 on base percentage or the 7 stolen bases?

All it takes to post around here is a little respect and an informed point of view. Ask Davearm or Migrant Redbird about this board, they are two of the better posters around here and have been accepted openly.

because i said the cubs will no longer be interested in roberts if fuko is a leadoff success...why would the cubs have any need or interest in him if this is the case?

It's probably better if you just slip off into the shadows and pretend as if you've never posted here. There's too many intelligent and knowledgeable baseball fans on this forum for your brand of FUD.

If Hendry and Lou felt that Fukudome was a viable option at leadoff, they wouldn't have waited until there was one week left in camp to even try him there. Like it or not, seems like Hendry is going to have interest in Roberts until he comes out and either is able to make the trade, or kills it in the media completely.

brian roberts is gonna get traded. As you can see, these rumors is taking a hit on Roberts' ability to play. This needs to get done soon

Agreed. In fact, I'd bet dollars to donuts that it happens this weekend.

Of course, I said the same thing last weekend too. :o

because i said the cubs will no longer be interested in roberts if fuko is a leadoff success...why would the cubs have any need or interest in him if this is the case?

Well that is a good point. I think that is a valid point, although I think most would agree that Roberts brings more to the leadoff spot.

1) Roberts is a proven MLBer

2) Roberts is a proven leadoff hitter

3) Roberts brings speed to the position

I think what people had a problem with was the borderline ad hominum attack on Roberts, and the baseless degrading opinion of his value. Maybe if you provide some warrants to your argument.

Well that is a good point. I think that is a valid point, although I think most would agree that Roberts brings more to the leadoff spot.

1) Roberts is a proven MLBer

2) Roberts is a proven leadoff hitter

3) Roberts brings speed to the position

I think what people had a problem with was the borderline ad hominum attack on Roberts, and the baseless degrading opinion of his value. Maybe if you provide some warrants to your argument.

Also, rynomites has stated on multiple occasions in the past that he hopes we enjoy last place. That's not the way to make friends on an O's board.

Agreed. In fact, I'd bet dollars to donuts that it happens this weekend.

Of course, I said the same thing last weekend too. :o

I think you are right it comes to end by Monday. I don't think AM wanted Roberts to speak out but who can blame him at this point. I think they have to trade him now they don't want a unhappy player on there hands.

Archived