This is A Mess (Mega RANT Thread)

eddie83

They're 63-61. They aren't that bad. We should not have been swept at home in a 4 game series, but it's not like the Twins are awful. They actually have a real chance at making the Wild Card now.

Well, they did come into this series 59-61 and getting destroyed for a few weeks in a row. So, they aren't that good.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They're 63-61. They aren't that bad. We should not have been swept at home in a 4 game series, but it's not like the Twins are awful. They actually have a real chance at making the Wild Card now.

The Twins are not a bad team but there is no way that if the Orioles believe they are are a playoff team, they lose 4 straight to a team on the cusp of being pushed out of the playoff picture. If the O's did what they were supposed to, the Twins would be 60-64 (after we took 3 of 4) and we would be 65-58. These are games that playoff teams should win, especially at home. Trying to spin it any other way is just making excuses. The team crapped the bed this weekend and proved they are a .500ish team, not a playoff squad.

The Twins aren't that bad, but they're definitely not that good. Not good enough to limit the O's AT HOME to only 10 runs in 38 (more?) innings.

Agreed. With that pitching staff? In Camden Yards? Bad offense. Worst series of the year. (gotta check for other four game sweeps)

Well, they did come into this series 59-61 and getting destroyed for a few weeks in a row. So, they aren't that good.

Well I agree that they aren't that good. But, they aren't awful. And again, they have a real chance at making the Wild Card. In fact, they have a stretch coming up where 17 of 20 games are against Detroit, Cleveland, or the Chicago White Sox.

Stranger things have happened. They should send us a bottle of wine after the season.

The Twins are not a bad team but there is no way that if the Orioles believe they are are a playoff team, they lose 4 straight to a team on the cusp of being pushed out of the playoff picture. If the O's did what they were supposed to, the Twins would be 60-64 (after we took 3 of 4) and we would be 65-58. These are games that playoff teams should win, especially at home. Trying to spin it any other way is just making excuses. The team crapped the bed this weekend and proved they are a .500ish team, not a playoff squad.

I've been operating under the assumption that this team is a .500 type team for a while. I'm not trying to make excuses. But to say that the Os should be kicked out of the league (even if obviously just being facetious) because losing 7 to the Twins is so embarrassing is just ridiculous.

Well I agree that they aren't that good. But, they aren't awful. And again, they have a real chance at making the Wild Card. In fact, they have a stretch coming up where 17 of 20 games are against Detroit, Cleveland, or the Chicago White Sox.

Stranger things have happened. They should send us a bottle of wine after the season.

They could also lose the majority of those games as well, like they had been before vs. everyone else.

They have a real chance of making the wild card...if they kept playing the Orioles. Unfortunately for them, they won't be and they'll finish with 75-80 wins if they're lucky. We're in the same boat though, I'm not expecting more than 80-82 wins at best case at this rate.

I've been operating under the assumption that this team is a .500 type team for a while. I'm not trying to make excuses. But to say that the Os should be kicked out of the league (even if obviously just being facetious) because losing 7 to the Twins is so embarrassing is just ridiculous.

Yea I would agree with that lol.....there were about 14 years I can recall wishing we had a team this good.

Hell based on the utter disaster our farm system is, if we do not do something this offsesason, we may have a few years coming that will make this look good.

DD has failed to build the farm. Building the farm is job #1 for any O's GM because of the budget constraints imposed by ownership compared to the rest of the division. My main gripe is DD didn't build for long term success and next year the house of cards may come tumbling down

This!

Unless we resign some guys and make a few key signings in FA then we could be bad for a few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you don't think the decision to not sign Cruz and replace with a 4a fodder gladiatorial competition was a factor?

You don't think Cruuuuz was really popular in the clubhouse and helped propel this team to the next level?

Not trading Norris when his value was at his peak might have hurt?

Extending injury ladened Hardy to a long term deal when you may have the best shortstop in the game at 3b?

Drafting a guy in the first round with a noodle arm, so-so power aand bats like Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon?

Trading Jake Arrieta for Scott Feldman?

Acquiring Travis Snider for 25th ranked Stephen Tarpley?

Deciding to trade Davies when you realize the team doesn't have enough to go very deep even if you do squeak in?

You can't get them all right, nor would any of us, but he should be held accountable without orange colored glasses. Be fair.

I like DD but was VERY disappointed with the decision to trade for Parra/not trade other pieces. That is what got me. I just withhold judgement bc I feel maybe PA had some say there.

I think this is a pretty accurate post. It's like you took my thoughts and posted it.

Let's face it, since the world series win in 1983 (when I was 3), it's mostly been agony for this organization. Even in the years the team has managed to make the playoffs or come close, they've failed in epic fashion (or in the case of the 2012 team, a whimperwith an utter lack of offense almost unparalleled in any playoff series).

And there appears to be no end in sight for the agony. People might criticize me for being negative too much, but considering the massive pain I've endured as a fan of this organization, I believe I am entitled to it -- just as the players I watch are entitled to their multi-million dollar salaries.

Why do I torture myself? Despite it all, I couldn't see myself being as big of a fan of any other professional team. It's ingrained in me permanently, like a branding. I've tried to be a Pirates fan or Phillies fan but it just doesn't stick. Oh well, at least I can trump any Red Sox fan who still dares to whine about how hard it is to be a fan of their team with my tale of woe.

I'm getting so sick of people talking about Cruz. The Mariners were insane to give him the contract they did. Yes, things are looking good in 2015. But the contract is fully guaranteed through 2018. He won't be the same player in 2018 as he is now. Frankly, I'm not so sure he puts up a 2016 season anywhere near the level of his 2014 and 2015 seasons.

You must also be tired of winning.

When he was here, we won.

MSK

DD has failed to build the farm. Building the farm is job #1 for any O's GM because of the budget constraints imposed by ownership compared to the rest of the division. My main gripe is DD didn't build for long term success and next year the house of cards may come tumbling down

Sure he could have stocked the farm. But we wouldn't have been a playoff team. Which one do you want more?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Archived