This is A Mess (Mega RANT Thread)

eddie83

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What the hell is going on this season, this is so unbelievably frustrating. The last few years I've always felt like we would win somehow, but this year it is the total opposite. In fact I'm just surprised at this point when we do when. Well let me take that back, if we beat a bad team no surprise there, however if we beat a good team that is a major surprise. .500 is written all over this squad. Any sort of win streak is destroyed by a losing streak.

It's really really hard not to blame DD here after twiddling his thumbs in the offseason as he had one foot out the door. Way to not do anything to upgrade a team that was in the ALCS. A team that fortunately had all its pitchers (minus Ubaldo) turn it on in the second half. Really there was the tiniest of hanged they all could duplicate that especially when, except for Tillman, they're all 4-5 rotation guys.

I could go on but what's the point. This mega rant board feels like a baseball therapist haha

Story of the season, in my opinion. This team is maybe one, two players short of being a playoff team and the opportunity was lost in the off season with the Toronto mess. Best interest of the team was not in Duquette's mind for a while. Might have been different if it were an NL team or even an AL non-east team.

This is not a .500 team as many of us keep saying. They will lose 85-90.

With our remaining schedule we're going to end up with a top 10 pick. I heard this upcoming draft is going to be deep on college pitching. We could have a top 10 pick, plus comp picks for Chen and MW, and the comp bal B pick after the 2nd rd. Hoping we wont be getting a comp pick for Davis.

Like I said earlier, if you are not making the playoffs might as well get a protected first round pick.

Especially when you have this much money coming off the books.

Good point with that protected first round pick. I didn't even think about that. We have a ton of flexibility in the offseason. We could sign a big FA other than Davis, Parra, O'day and still have a top 1st rd pick, 2 1st rd comp picks, comp pick b, and our 3rd rd pick. We could improve the 2016 team and improve the farm system at the same time.

Good point with that protected first round pick. I didn't even think about that. We have a ton of flexibility in the offseason. We could sign a big FA other than Davis, Parra, O'day and still have a top 1st rd pick, 2 1st rd comp picks, comp pick b, and our 3rd rd pick. We could improve the 2016 team and improve the farm system at the same time.

Actually they are in line for 3 comp picks in the first round and 2 in the second.

Wieters

Chen

Davis

Failure to sign second round pick.

Competitive balance pick.

I don't think there's another team in the league with as much dead weight as the Orioles. Teams would kill to have three hitters as good as Jones, Machado, and Davis in their everyday lineup along with a back of a bullpen as strong as O'Day and Britton. The problem is outside of those players, you can count the number of Major League caliber players on this team on one hand. There's Schoop, Chen, a few of the other bullpen arms like Givens and Brach and that's basically it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think there's another team in the league with as much dead weight as the Orioles. Teams would kill to have three hitters as good as Jones, Machado, and Davis in their everyday lineup along with a back of a bullpen as strong as O'Day and Britton. The problem is outside of those players, you can count the number of Major League caliber players on this team on one hand. There's Schoop, Chen, a few of the other bullpen arms like Givens and Brach and that's basically it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have Nelson Cruz ! Oh damn , he went to Seattle this past year .

The Vault is Open !! Isn't that what my boy Angelos said ?

I see the pattern with Angelos. One good year 5-10 bad years

Archived