Cedric Mullins, Emerging Prospect?

Slade-OH

• 1 year later...
Slade-OH said:

Mullins is off a the best start of all the hitters in the Aberdeen lineup. He's posted a .345/.409/.452 line in 90 PA with a HR, 6 doubles, 6 walks, 10 strikeouts, and is 7-for-7 in stolen bases. As a refresher, he was the Orioles 13th round pick this year out of Campbell. He doesn't turn 21 until October. He's 5'8", 175 pounds and has flashed some impressive tools to those that have seen him, especially for someone that lasted until the 13th round.

Rob Ozga of Baseball Draft Report had some interesting things to say about him earlier this year..."JR OF Cedric Mullins (Campbell) is a highly speculative pick on my end. I?ve never seen him, though, as I?ve said many times before, I?m not sure how much utility such a viewing would even bring. What I?ve heard about him, however, has been thrilling. Mullins has the chance to show premium tools as a defender in center (both range and arm) and on the base paths (plus speed and a great feel for the art of base stealing led to him going 55/59 on his career junior college attempts) this spring. He also brings a patient approach to hitting, both in how he happily accepts free passes (a walk doesn?t feel like such a passive thing when you know you?re taking second and maybe third once you are there) and works pitchers until he?s in counts favorable for fastball hunting. The only tool he ranks below Washington in is raw power, but, as covered above, the emphasis on the raw cannot be taken lightly. In terms of current functional power, the battle tightens quite a bit. It?s an imperfect comp for an imperfect world, but I can see Mullins approximating the value of another former junior college guy like Mallex Smith, though with a bit more pop and a fraction less speed."

o

(SEPTEMBER 6th, 2016)

Cedric Mullins was named the South Atlantic League Player of the Week.

https://twitter.com/masnRoch/status/773235250600275969

• 6 months later...
On 8/28/2015 at 6:31 PM, Thats Baseball said:

Mullins is off a the best start of all the hitters in the Aberdeen lineup. He's posted a .345/.409/.452 line in 90 PA with a HR, 6 doubles, 6 walks, 10 strikeouts, and is 7-for-7 in stolen bases. As a refresher, he was the Orioles 13th round pick this year out of Campbell. He doesn't turn 21 until October. He's 5'8", 175 pounds and has flashed some impressive tools to those that have seen him, especially for someone that lasted until the 13th round.

Rob Ozga of Baseball Draft Report had some interesting things to say about him earlier this year..."JR OF Cedric Mullins (Campbell) is a highly speculative pick on my end. I?ve never seen him, though, as I?ve said many times before, I?m not sure how much utility such a viewing would even bring. What I?ve heard about him, however, has been thrilling. Mullins has the chance to show premium tools as a defender in center (both range and arm) and on the base paths (plus speed and a great feel for the art of base stealing led to him going 55/59 on his career junior college attempts) this spring. He also brings a patient approach to hitting, both in how he happily accepts free passes (a walk doesn?t feel like such a passive thing when you know you?re taking second and maybe third once you are there) and works pitchers until he?s in counts favorable for fastball hunting. The only tool he ranks below Washington in is raw power, but, as covered above, the emphasis on the raw cannot be taken lightly. In terms of current functional power, the battle tightens quite a bit. It?s an imperfect comp for an imperfect world, but I can see Mullins approximating the value of another former junior college guy like Mallex Smith, though with a bit more pop and a fraction less speed."

On 9/6/2016 at 3:15 PM, OFFNY said:

o

(SEPTEMBER 6th, 2016)

Cedric Mullins was named the South Atlantic League Player of the Week.

https://twitter.com/masnRoch/status/773235250600275969

o

Spring Notes on Cedric Mullins, Trey Mancini, and Jesus Liranzo

(By Steve Melewski)

http://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2017/03/spring-training-notes-on-cedric-mullins-trey-mancini-and-jesus-liranzo.html

o

Archived