We are a sad, sad looking baseball team. Hope Dan has the feelers out on all our FAs.

BamaOsFan

I try to stay optimistic....honest I do....but I think this Orioles team is in trouble. Something in their MoJo has gone south and left them behind. Things aren't even close to clicking. Perhaps a shot of fresh blood.....a hot bat from Norfolk like Dariel Alvaraez, or a fire-breathing reliever like Mychal Givens at Bowie. They have to do something to stir the pot.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I keep thinking that too. I don't know how many more RISP opportunities I can watch and continue to be positive though. Common sense tells me it's got to turn around eventually but I'm starting to doubt common sense.

Oh yea I think they'll come out of it tease us just enough to think, ok here we go, then boom another slump and back to .500. They are who they are .500 sounds about right for this group. Lots of peaks and valleys, but never getting over the hump.

It's amazing how 14 years of losing makes people feel more comfortable as losers.

I am not comfortable with it. I always want to win. I am just willing to forgo this year to get the talent and payroll space to run for it next year.

I'm not ready to be a seller.

But I think it's time to cut bait on a couple guys.

Bud Norris is not part of our future. Other guys (Givens, Bowden, MWright) COULD be.

At this point, is there such an overwhelming statistical expectation that Bud would outperform one of those guys the rest of this season that it is worth keeping him on the roster ahead of one of them?

Note I am not saying that those guys are likely to outperform Bud. But I'd he has just a 55% likelihood to outperform one of those guys at this point, I would say it is a close enough call to go with the guy who at least has a chance to help us long-term. The potential hurt this year (5% in my hypothetical) isn't that great and the long-term benefit is greater. I'm not punting but I'm hoping to light a spark this year while giving a chance to someone who COULD help us in the future over someone with no future here.

A similar argument can be made to give Alvarez a chance over someone such as Pearce, Reimold, or Parmalee.

We need to do somethng to turn this around. Sitting and waiting for the same guys who have been failing to stop failing is one option. Another is to make a change that might help or might hurt but at the very least gives a shot to someone who is more likely to help the team in 2016 & beyond than the guy who is currently ****ting the bed.

I'm not ready to be a seller.

But I think it's time to cut bait on a couple guys.

Bud Norris is not part of our future. Other guys (Givens, Bowden, MWright) COULD be.

At this point, is there such an overwhelming statistical expectation that Bud would outperform one of those guys the rest of this season that it is worth keeping him on the roster ahead of one of them?

Note I am not saying that those guys are likely to outperform Bud. But I'd he has just a 55% likelihood to outperform one of those guys at this point, I would say it is a close enough call to go with the guy who at least has a chance to help us long-term. The potential hurt this year (5% in my hypothetical) isn't that great and the long-term benefit is greater. I'm not punting but I'm hoping to light a spark this year while giving a chance to someone who COULD help us in the future over someone with no future here.

A similar argument can be made to give Alvarez a chance over someone such as Pearce, Reimold, or Parmalee.

We need to do somethng to turn this around. Sitting and waiting for the same guys who have been failing to stop failing is one option. Another is to make a change that might help or might hurt but at the very least gives a shot to someone who is more likely to help the team in 2016 & beyond than the guy who is currently ****ting the bed.

Bowden already left. He is no longer in the organization.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Bowden already left. He is no longer in the organization.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info.

That sucks. I would say that Bowden probably and a close to even chance if putting up numbers better than Norris the rest of this year.

And since there is no way Norris will be with us next year, even if Bowden had a small chance of helping us in the future it still is probably more than Norriis's.

It's amazing how 14 years of losing makes people feel more comfortable as losers.

Team in a complete nosedive. Its best player seemingly can't get a hit when it counts. Won 3 games in the last 2 and a half weeks. In their losses they're scoring less than 3 runs a game. 5 games out. Rotation in shambles.

Tell me, does this look like a playoff team? Tell me, does the farm system instill any confidence in you? If no, sell. Period.

Team in a complete nosedive. Its best player seemingly can't get a hit when it counts. Won 3 games in the last 2 and a half weeks. In their losses they're scoring less than 3 runs a game. 5 games out. Rotation in shambles.

Tell me, does this look like a playoff team? Tell me, does the farm system instill any confidence in you? If no, sell. Period.

I second everything

I try to stay optimistic....honest I do....but I think this Orioles team is in trouble. Something in their MoJo has gone south and left them behind. Things aren't even close to clicking. Perhaps a shot of fresh blood.....a hot bat from Norfolk like Dariel Alvaraez, or a fire-breathing reliever like Mychal Givens at Bowie. They have to do something to stir the pot.
I tend to believe this as well. There are a few individual good-to-outstanding performances, but they seem to be stuck in a rut. I'm hopeful, but.....

The last thing we need to do is score rentals from the trade market. Our farm system is depleted as it is right now. Trying to get another Andrew Miller-type will deplete our farm system even further.

What if we win today and tomorrow? And then the series against the Yankees? Right back into the hunt. But that could be the worst possible part about this season. We might play well just enough to have playoff hopes, only to have them dashed.

Bud Norris for Josh Hader anyone? Anyone? :) Astros could use a reliever.

O'Day for a similar price.

Wieters and Davis should bring back even more.

No way do the Stros part with Hader, he's their Gausman. They will listen to your offer to get LJ Hoes back...

Archived