Maybe Dan doesn't know

Rich Mac

We are all reasonably intelligent baseball people here. Yet, we can't seem to come up with a consensus as to whether the O's should by or sell. Perhaps DD is in the same boat. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he has feelers out on both sides of the fence. Maybe he's sitting back and waiting to see what the market dictates.

If we don't get any good offers then perhaps he goes dumpster diving again and finds us a cheap outfield patch. That way he can say that we are remaining competitive this season and he doesn't give up too much.

On the other hand, he could be on the right side of a bidding war for our guys and he could choose to take the windfall and sell, sell, sell. It won't be pretty admitting that we are giving up on this season, but he can go to the fans and the players and say that we just solidified our future success.

So, while we all are sitting here and screaming that Dan better not be a buyer or better not be a seller - maybe, just maybe, he has no idea himself right now.

I think that if any MLB team that had an extended period of losing and was within 6 games of their division lead and three or four games from a playoff spot on the last week of July...well.

It is kinda a given that you have to try to go for it.

Maybe a team that has been to three of four World Series recently or has made the playoff eight out of the last 14 years can straddle. Not the Orioles. Sorry.

I think that if any MLB team that had an extended period of losing and was within 6 games of their division lead and three or four games from a playoff spot on the last week of July...well.

Maybe a team that has been to three of four World Series recently or has made the playoff eight out of the last 14 years can straddle. Not the Orioles. Sorry.

See though...we are an organization that is trying to get over that losing mentality and you, by admission, are hanging on to it.

I believe that fortune favors the bold and we are afraid to be BOLD.

See though...we are an organization that is trying to get over that losing mentality and you, by admission, are hanging on to it.

I believe that fortune favors the bold and we are afraid to be BOLD.

So, it would appear that you had an agenda when you started what seemed to be an innocuous thread. Surprise!

Going boldly only works on Star Trek. Oh, and the Padres.

To be honest, coming into the Yankee series, I don't think anybody really knew. A sweep of the Yankees and we'd have only been a game back, while a sweep of the Orioles puts us seven back. Those are two very different seasons, and with a little under a week until the deadline, enough to decide if a team is buyers or sellers.

Coming into the Yankee series, I can see why people were split on the matter. As we exit the Yankee series, I doubt the opinion is going to be quite as split.

So, it would appear that you had an agenda when you started what seemed to be an innocuous thread. Surprise!

Going boldly only works on Star Trek. Oh, and the Padres.

Ha! You got me!

I think it worked for Napoleon too ... for awhile :D

BTW...I hate Star Trek

Despite the scouting of Cueto, Bruce, etc... And the Gausman being available rumors... I don't think they're going to be major buyers. But I don't think they'll be sellers either. I think it's competitive posturing to raise the bid price for other AL East buyers (ala NYY).

Despite the scouting of Cueto, Bruce, etc... And the Gausman being available rumors... I don't think they're going to be major buyers. But I don't think they'll be sellers either. I think it's competitive posturing to raise the bid price for other AL East buyers (ala NYY).

YEP: DD is full of it

Just like the line we were fed when DD dumped Jim Johnson this is the same BS they are not buyers or sellers they are going to talk the good talk and let this ship sink or swim as is for the most part.

They don't have the prospects to fix all the holes and the FA are history they we know it, HECK everybody knows it.

Maybe you don't sell and let the season run its course. But we're certainly not in a position where we should be trading away prospects. Even if we make the playoffs, this team isn't good enough to do anything there.

Archived