vs. RAYS, 7/26

OFFNY

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chen looks terrible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is clearly missing his spots. Ben McDonald is doing a great job describing where Joseph is setting up and where Chen's pitches are going.

Great pitch for strike 3. Could get out of this unscathed.

And we do!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I chalk it up to the bottom of the lineup.  When Mullins was hitting, we had Westburg and Cowser batting 7th and 8th and they were both on fire.  Every game was fun because every inning I felt we could score.   Now when I see Mateo batting 6th followed by a slumping Cowser, comatose Mullins, and McCann, I’m like, time to check the minor league games.
    • I don't see Stowers ever playing a significant role. I wouldn't mind Cowser and Norby with Norby also playing some second and DH.
    • True, though in my mind I was kind of thinking Cowser might have to play CF. Also, come next OD, Beavers will be in the mix for an OF spot.  With all of our LHH, Norby should be able to carve out a mini Zobrist lyte role with us in COF/2B.  This system really isn’t that deep past Mayo, Basallo, Holliday, Beavers, and EBJ. 
    • Elias for not bringing back Frazier?
    • I agree with what a lot of @forphase1 wrote. I said it in the other thread, but I am disappointed with the overall approach at the plate with this offense and saying they've got the highest runs per game in the AL is like saying Colton Cowser is at an .831 OPS.  It doesn't tell the entire story. If we're at the halfway mark and we're still at the highest runs per game in the AL, well then I think that's a little different.  But I also think we've been conditioned over the years to complain.  And let's face it, it's been a long time since any of us have seen continued winning baseball.  It's hard to look at hindsight and be able to accurately remember what you were thinking in 2012 when the Orioles started winning without those memories being colored by good feelings.  It's hard to remember exactly what you were thinking in, like, July of 2012.  I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of us were waiting for the other shoe to drop. But getting back to the whole "highest runs per game in the AL" bit, if you hear that you'd expect that team to be bludgeoning other teams to death and that's just not what's happened lately.  Lately, it feels like they've pulled wins out of their asses and just gotten lucky.  Adley walkoffs are exciting, but that's not a recipe for success and if you watched that game in its entirety, it didn't feel like a 107 win team and it hasn't felt that way during this drought of runs.  Like I said, Colton Cowser has an .831 OPS but it sure doesn't feel like it.  It's nice that the Orioles have the highest runs per game in the AL but it sure doesn't feel like it lately.
    • Well now we know who to blame when the O's don't make the playoffs. 
    • Not really.  I just remember seeing numbers last year that after April, he wasn’t good.  I’m not sure what the break downs are for splits by month.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now