Camden Yards go corporate?

OregonBird

I moved to Oregon about 12 years ago so forgive me if I'm not caught up on the history or recent news on this topic

I was recently in town and had a chance to go to the Nationals game. That got me thinking, how much longer until Camden Yards goes "corporate"? Nats Park seems like a cash generating machine with their sponsored concierge club seating sections behind the plate and their access to corporate sponsored lounges. Everything section, lounge, etc, seems to have a corporate name attached to it.

I've read that the naming rights to the yard will never be sold but has there been any discussion on renovating the seating behind home plate and perhaps the club level to provide this exclusive, high priced seating? I also can't help but think a tasteful, not too oversized UA logo would look great somewhere on the warehouse, for a small fee of course, even if not in the name. Any of this ever been discussed?

I moved to Oregon about 12 years ago so forgive me if I'm not caught up on the history or recent news on this topic

I was recently in town and had a chance to go to the Nationals game. That got me thinking, how much longer until Camden Yards goes "corporate"? Nats Park seems like a cash generating machine with their sponsored concierge club seating sections behind the plate and their access to corporate sponsored lounges. Everything section, lounge, etc, seems to have a corporate name attached to it.

I've read that the naming rights to the yard will never be sold but has there been any discussion on renovating the seating behind home plate and perhaps the club level to provide this exclusive, high priced seating? I also can't help but think a tasteful, not too oversized UA logo would look great somewhere on the warehouse, for a small fee of course, even if not in the name. Any of this ever been discussed?

Rights aren't gonna be sold as long as Angelo's own the team. Something could change their minds but they'd have to 25% of the total to Stadium authority (Maryland).

As for corporate that's a question for Stadium authority as well.since they are in charge of upkeep and upgrades.

Archived