Who leaves for Garcia? (Update: Givens Recalled)

Rene88

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All the rule 5 guys are here at once. Flaherty(2012), Mac(2013), Garcia(2015). Almanzar doesn't count because we gave him back. lol. I'll be rooting for Garcia. I like him. Just now Givens has to be in the minors for 10 days before he can be recalled, and I'm not rooting for injuries to bring him back. I think this has more to do with keeping a "long" guy up here. Mac will go once it's time to bring Wilson back up.

CLsZzjDUEAAIKom.jpg

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dan Duquette on Jason Garcia move: "We’re gonna see if he can come back up and throw strikes. We’ll monitor the situation.”</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

">August 6, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Duquette on Garcia: "He has real good spin on his breaking ball, excellent velocity on fastball. He just needs to get consistent control.”</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dan Duquette on Jason Garcia move: "We?re gonna see if he can come back up and throw strikes. We?ll monitor the situation.?</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

He'll only have to be on the club's roster for 23 games until 9/1. If need be we could always option Flaherty for an extra arm.

How can you trade Davies for a rental' date=' and then send down Givens to make room for a Rule V?[/quote']

They must have been thinking like Weams (generally not a good sign :)) and think there's little to no difference in the likely effectiveness of Garcia and Givens.

Unless Givens is coming right back this is a big head scratcher.

Sacrificing the current season where we are in the thick of the Wild Card and Division race to keep a Rule V guy that would have no business being on the roster otherwise.

Unless Givens is coming right back this is a big head scratcher.

Sacrificing the current season where we are in the thick of the Wild Card and Division race to keep a Rule V guy that would have no business being on the roster otherwise.

Givens is 6th on the bullpen depth chart, how is sending him down punting on the season?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Givens is 6th on the bullpen depth chart, how is sending him down punting on the season?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Didn't say it was punting the season. But by not having your best bullpen arms available you are not giving your team the best chance to win day in and day out which is what we should be doing at this point. You don't see too many teams with playoff aspirations keeping Rule V guys on their rosters and there is a reason for that. If MacFarland was the guy sent down I wouldn't be complaining. Givens has been dominant since he's been up.

Archived