Who leaves for Garcia? (Update: Givens Recalled)

Rene88

And trade Hunter for a minor leaguer? It really seems like DD doesn't know which way to jump. Are we trying to win in 2015, or are we trying to build for the future? Or, are we just doing a half-baked job of fence-sitting?

Well, I won't have a cow about this one for now. It's less than four weeks until September call-ups. Hopefully, we can hide Garcia in low-leverage situations that long. But I'd much rather have Givens or Hunter in the bullpen than Garcia, and I just hope we don't lose games in the next few weeks because we don't have enough depth of solid performers in the pen.

3 of the 5 starters aren't doing so hot, so you won't need much more than Bach, O'Day and Britton for those close games.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So much for the argument that we needed to trade Tommy Hunter to make room for Givens. :rolleyestf:

That is what it should be. Norris makes room for Garcia and Hunter makes room for Givens. The breakdown consists of TJ inexplicably being kept on the roster instead of Givens.

ChuckS is right. You don't go out and trade a future asset to try and get a win or two to get into the playoffs and then turn around and try to save a future asset at the expense of a win. Givens is clearly a better option in the bullpen than Garcia. Still, it doesn't have to be a choice between the two of them. They could have cut ties with Snider who shouldn't be starting and isn't needed on the bench with Parra starting in the OF and Lough still on the bench. Or they could have sent McFarland down.

Here here! Great post sir.

I think they kept McFarland because they feel he can go longer.

I think Snider is the guy that should have gone. They probably didn't do that because they want to hold onto Snider in case he is better next year. The problem is, he is what he is-someone that is overmatched and has limited range. David Lough is much more valuable and should be playing ahead of him.

A real head scratcher here.

Hunter allowed a two run homer last evening. Like Brach just did.

Good for him. You don't need Garcia and TJ here at the same time. If TJ is so important then why hasn't he been here all year? DD has had a brutal season. We are now playing Reimold all the time and it is evident that he is a step slow all around. Snider is let go for Junior Lake of all people and Snider was our big offseason acquisition. Parra looks good but we had two but holes for 60% of the season.

Archived