Who leaves for Garcia? (Update: Givens Recalled)

Rene88

Good for him. You don't need Garcia and TJ here at the same time. If TJ is so important then why hasn't he been here all year? DD has had a brutal season. We are now playing Reimold all the time and it is evident that he is a step slow all around. Snider is let go for Junior Lake of all people and Snider was our big offseason acquisition. Parra looks good but we had two but holes for 60% of the season.

Garcia looked fine. Just like Givens has.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good for him. You don't need Garcia and TJ here at the same time. If TJ is so important then why hasn't he been here all year? DD has had a brutal season. We are now playing Reimold all the time and it is evident that he is a step slow all around. Snider is let go for Junior Lake of all people and Snider was our big offseason acquisition. Parra looks good but we had two but holes for 60% of the season.

Because he's one of the very few that had an option. Plain and simple.

Because he's one of the very few that had an option. Plain and simple.

I like Garcia. I like adding that to our system.

I like put that 22 year old arm at Norfolk for next year. Don't you? Or even drop him back to Bowie and start him all year.

I like Garcia. I like adding that to our system.

I like put that 22 year old arm at Norfolk for next year. Don't you? Or even drop him back to Bowie and start him all year.

And I agree. We've come too far to let a GOOD young arm go with three weeks left.

Don't feel bad for the kid. Feel bad for the Orioles.

We don't even have the hope of somebody with his mid rotation potential joining our rotation next year, at the exact time that we really need it. Davies and EdRod would have at least been two guys you could point to and say, "well, they possibly could give us good enough team controlled production that that's one less thing we need to address through FA." But as of right now, just add it to the really long shopping list that we have his off-season.

You're trying to tell everyone that Givens and Garcia have looked the same this year? Really? Didn't see Garcia tonight. Stopped watching after 7. I do see the box score now with 1 innning and 1 walk, which has been his biggest problem. Please don't try to tell us that Garcia and Givens are the same.

Never said they were the same. Both look good. Don't know which one will have the better career. Givens is definitely a reliever for life. And he's pretty good at it right now. Givens has a couple major league innings. He has mostly pitched a AA and Corn and I and everyone else has projected him.

So why couldn't we have left Lake down on the farm for 3 more weeks and kept Givens in the bullpen?

Lake has no options after this year, needed a right handed bat, want to look at Lake and see if they want to keep him all winter? All kinds of reasons. I guess. I sure don't know them all.

Garcia looked fine. Just like Givens has.

Garcia will pitch in garbage time. Buck would have given Givens a chance to get big outs, you think he does that with Garcia? Pretty evident Roe is struggling and yet our GM hamstrings the manager yet again. If you want to keep Garcia then why is TJ here?

You're trying to tell everyone that Givens and Garcia have looked the same this year? Really? Didn't see Garcia tonight. Stopped watching after 7. I do see the box score now with 1 innning and 1 walk, which has been his biggest problem. Please don't try to tell us that Garcia and Givens are the same.

Maybe I'm i'm making excuses... he looked VERY nervous tonight. Could NOT throw strikes.

Garcia will pitch in garbage time. Buck would have given Givens a chance to get big outs, you think he does that with Garcia? Pretty evident Roe is struggling and yet our GM hamstrings the manager yet again. If you want to keep Garcia then why is TJ here?

For when Tillman does not make it out of the first and has to go DL? Or some other tragedy? Rather than just giving up that game or ruining the whole bullpen for the trip?

For when Tillman does not make it out of the first and has to go DL? Or some other tragedy? Rather than just giving up that game or ruining the whole bullpen for the trip?

What? If Tillman goes on the DL then why is Wilson pitching Sunday? Another off day on Thursday and coming off an off day yesterday. Givens needs to be on this team, Roe is running on fumes.

Archived