vs. METS, 8/19

OFFNY

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Probably, but not by a lot. It's impossible to be a lot better than Hardy at SD. And I suspect our defense at 3B would likely drop a lot more.

So a net drop in defense...of course it wouldn't take much to improve Hardy's offense right now.

But we went all in on Hardy. We're pretty much stuck with him, for the short term. Just have to hope his offense is being affected by injuries. Buck hinted as much the other day.

I think Machado would be a lot better SS than Hardy defensively. Except for 2012, Hardy is more a solid and consistently very good defender.

Machado just brings more. If he stays healthy Machado should be on the very best defensive players ever seen.

Probably, but not by a lot. It's impossible to be a lot better than Hardy at SD. And I suspect our defense at 3B would likely drop a lot more.

So a net drop in defense...of course it wouldn't take much to improve Hardy's offense right now.

But we went all in on Hardy. We're pretty much stuck with him, for the short term. Just have to hope his offense is being affected by injuries. Buck hinted as much the other day.

But the bat we could have picked up at 3B could have made that up and spades.

But the bat we could have picked up at 3B could have made that up and spades.

Re-signing Hardy just seemed so unimaginative. Like there is no plan, and this was just a continuation of the plate juggling Dan is doing. "I don't know how to move to point B, what's the most simple thing to do to hold off on that? I'll just re-sign the aging SS."

Sure, he'd be a great SS. Who would play 3rd?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Clearly that's the issue. The failure of Esposito to develop and the lack of drafting of a good 3B really forced the O's to resign JJ and hope he didn't come back as Mark Belaner like he has.

Archived