vs. METS, 8/19

OFFNY

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anytime you see 8 pitches with the bases loaded, it isn't a bad at bat. I agree that he swung at a ball on the first pitch, but then he took 3 in a row for balls. The 3-1 pitch frustrated me too, but all 3 3-2 pitches were strikes. The guy throws 97. If you're waiting for perfect at bats, you're going to wait a long time. The last 3-2 pitch was in the middle third and I'm surprised he didn't drive that ball after seeing so many but the guy has a great fastball. What are you gonna do?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm not complaining about anything but the 3-1 pitch, which just showed a horrible approach. You can't have a "good" at bat when you messed up the most important pitch in the sequence, when even a decent approach would have resulted in a walk and a run for the team.

Boy does JJ look awful lately.

I'm hoping he's still secretly hurt because at this point, he's a below average range steady hand SS. We could have an albatross on our hands for the next two years offensively and even defensively, besides being steady, he's not bringing a ton of extra there either.

I'm hoping he's still secretly hurt because at this point, he's a below average range steady hand SS. We could have an albatross on our hands for the next two years offensively and even defensively, besides being steady, he's not bringing a ton of extra there either.

I was hoping that they wouldn't have forgotten the Roberts deal that quickly.

Just for curiosity, how many AB's? I assume the sample is big enough for you to post his OPS in that spot.

Heck no, just like a few bad at bats hitting 6th doesn't mean he should get moved to 9th since he can't handle the pressure. ;)

That was the point I was trying to make.

Shame you made me explain it to you, it isn't as much fun that way.

If you watch him run the bases he sure looks hurt'in

We are probably about to fill holes through the free agent market this upcoming season. The number of negative returns contracts we have on the books is probably about to increase significantly.

Archived