vs. Twins 8/23

weams

As dumb as I consider the 2nd wildcard (playing 1 more game after 162 for a playoff berth...etc), there is no way anyone would be thinking playoffs without it. So in this type of season, you're glad you have any opportunity to play meaningful baseball in October.

I'd rather top four records get in.

I do think that if you have a wildcard then it should always be a disadvantage to be one therefor I like the second wildcard.

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As dumb as I consider the 2nd wildcard (playing 1 more game after 162 for a playoff berth...etc), there is no way anyone would be thinking playoffs without it. So in this type of season, you're glad you have any opportunity to play meaningful baseball in October.

What BJ said! ;)

Why does this team always struggle against AL Central teams? The Twins are mediocre against everybody but the Orioles. The Tigers have always given the Orioles massive problems. The Indians play like the 1998 Yankees against the Orioles at Jacobs Field. The Royals were regularly beating up on us even before last year. It's frustrating.

I love the second wild card. Makes it critical to win division

Archived