vs. NATIONALS, 9/22

OFFNY

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Not even a platinum glove is worth that kind of abysmal production at the plate. Elias should capitalize on Hays' option and send him to Norfolk to play every day. If there's an injury to one of the OF's on the major league roster or he gets into a groove at the plate, call him back up. Give Stowers an opportunity - even just as a sparingly-used 4th OF - to reward him for multiple seasons of good production in the minors. 
    • Is this a serious statement?  Did we find out if Cowser was “cut out for the majors” last season when he struggled? Did we find out about Grayson last season when he struggles so much that he had to be sent down? Just curious, how long have you watched baseball? I ask because I have read several of these hyperbolic reactions when the kid hasn’t even played a full week of games and the first thing that I a think is what is this poster’s frame of reference? Have they not watched various top players/prospect struggle when first coming to the show? I don’t mean to be insulting but it get’s a little exhausting reading these type of instantaneous indictments of a 20 year-old uber-talented kid who has not found his groove after 25 ABs.
    • Cowser never had the chance to play every day. It wasn't a similar situation to Holliday's callup outside of poor initial results. Holliday is being given a long leash to struggle and try to figure things out. Cowser had no such opportunity last season. Elias and Hyde were too enamored with Aaron Hicks. 
    • Unless Baumann gets it in gear, I would dump him before anyone.   Can’t trust guys who can’t throw strikes.
    • I don’t think we need to talk in absolutes here. It’s possible he’s just not ready. Look at Cowser last year compared to this season.
    • Nine losses in a row for the Tides. Obviously they were not going to hit like they  did against a bad Charlotte team in a hitters ballpark. One game they scored five runs and the rest four or less.
    • Gotta think that he’ll agree to be optioned to the minors. It’s his quickest and most stable path back to the majors as a starter. If not, we might have to hide him as the 8th man in the bullpen, or IL him which could delay him another 30+ days, or DFA him and he’ll bounce around the league most likely as a reliever. 
  • Popular Contributors