Who are O's Fans rooting for in World Series

sfosfan

Who I will root for in the World Series:  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Who I will root for in the World Series:

• Mets
    • Royals
    • I don't care and I'm not watching.

I loved the occasional afternoon World Series game.

The last one was in 1987, when the Twins stayed alive in Game Six to even their series with the Cardinals at 3 apiece. Les Straker was the Twins' starter that day.

And the first night game was game four of the '71 series, O's vs. Pirates in Pittsburgh.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have to think they and the advertisers have thought this through and come to the conclusion that virtually no one watching the first four innings west of the Mississippi during weekdays is worse than the current alternative.

Sure, but there is a reason baseball is becoming less popular with kids. One reason may be not being able to watch World Series games through to the end.

Sure, but there is a reason baseball is becoming less popular with kids. One reason may be not being able to watch World Series games through to the end.

There are many reasons, and World Series start times are probably one relatively minor one. But if you're not a big baseball fan already you probably don't care that the Mets-Royals game doesn't start until nearly bed time.

Does anyone know what the ratings were this year yet?

Only twice now have I not watched a single pitch in the World Series, the other was the Phillies/Yankees series in '09.

I'd watch every pitch if Fux Sports, and MLB.TV would let me. :angryfire:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• While I wouldn’t love a trade involving Basallo.  And would prefer a lesser tier player. I understand that you have to give value in order to get value. And I don’t think we can continue to afford to punt present opportunities for future possibilities (that may or may not come). I also acknowledge what you stated that Miller has a notable injury risk. But I believe you don’t make the shots that you don’t take. IMO Miller would put us over the top in terms of being a WS favorite this year. And if we could pair him with Bautista for a few seasons in the future, the odds would be seriously stacked in our favor in the postseason.
    • They didn't draft him to hit home runs. That said, I think he'll get one out this year. More than likely on the road, given Aberdeen's dimensions, but he's hitting it well now.
    • Big fan of JM.   Even as bad as he was late last year I always thought he was an asset.   Very happy to see him hitting better, and his fielding has never been better.  He looks like a savant out there.
    • Great lineup to be at the game today.  
    • Not as many wins as the Yankees.
    • I don’t disagree with anything you said, my point was that he slipped a bit. Normally you’re right, it wouldn’t matter, great players have bad days. However, with his injury, history, and the fact that he’s always throwing as hard, it is possible for a human to throw, the injury risk lowered the price a bit. A few weeks ago, I posted about the possibility of a Basallo/Miller trade, so I’m definitely willing to acquire him, and pay a lot for him to boot. But the injury risk is real, and, although it’s minor, probably irrelevant, he has slipped a bit recently.  
    • Putting aside results/outcomes for the moment, but To me, Hays has physically looked stronger/faster these last few appearances (even if sporadic usage) rather than his IMO 80% and constantly banged/nicked up.  I see him continuing to get more comfortable in this limited role and be a real asset as weak side platoon and pinch hitting option.
  • Popular Contributors