Why didn't O'Day get a QO

Catch 8

Not sure if you are being sarcastic. If Duquette says he'd like to keep a player I tend to believe him. If he is willing to pay him 4-6/7 per than he could have extended him for less a season or two ago.

O'Day has been pretty spectacular since he's been here

Darren O'Day was a waiver claim. He blossomed as an Oriole. I am glad he was part of what he has been. Who will be the new union rep? Guthrie, Johnson, ODay, Britton?

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you have a quality soon to be FA

and

1. You don't plan to make a QO

then

you trade him at the deadline for some decent prospect or two

See ERod, Zach Davies, Josh Hader

unless you are the O's and you just watch him leave the organization and get no compensation.

How about if you are a contender and are fighting for a playoff spot. Or doesn't that count?

How about if you are a contender and are fighting for a playoff spot. Or doesn't that count?

In that case the proper move is to move one of your few remaining prospects for someone with clearly unsustainable numbers who will provide sub-replacement level production for the rest of the season.

In that case the proper move is to move one of your few remaining prospects for someone with clearly unsustainable numbers who will provide sub-replacement level production for the rest of the season.

And try desperately to make the playoffs. Yes. Got it. Because once you are there, it;s just a crap shoot. You might win it all. And have a parade. Which is what they all say we play for. That parade, the day before all of your players are now free agents.

And try desperately to make the playoffs. Yes. Got it. Because once you are there, it;s just a crap shoot. You might win it all. And have a parade. Which is what they all say we play for. That parade, the day before all of your players are now free agents.

Kinda hard to win the lottery when the scratchoff ticket you bought already has half the numbers revealed.

I'm fine with trading for the right piece. I was happy with the Miller deal even with the associated cost.

But Parra was covered in red flags.

Because up until the end of July OUR corner outfielders were as good or better that Parra had been playing in Milwaukee.

Because up until the end of July OUR corner outfielders were as good or better that Parra had been playing in Milwaukee.

There was no reason to:

1- Assume the O's outfielders would continue to play that badly

2- Assume Parra would continue to play so well on offense

I'm not playing revisionist history here, go dig up the thread, I said the exact same thing then. Parra had been in steep decline on defense and his offense was buoyed by an unsustainable bump in BABIP.

Archived