Why didn't O'Day get a QO

Catch 8

His wife is very attractive.

Of course she could relocate pretty easily.

Is her reporting politics specific?

Great question. If it is, then she probably is already where she wants to be. If it's financial, NY might be preferable. Entertainment? LA or NY. Maybe it would be easier for O'Day to find satisfying employment than for his wife.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, presumably they would get something of at least a little value for Storen in addition to clearing all of his salary. It will be interesting to see how much of Papelbon's $11M salary they will have to eat in order to trade him. I can't imagine any team wanting to roll the dice on such a pariah.

Yeah, I agree, I doubt that there is much, if any, interest in Papelbon, even if the Nationals eat most of his salary. Red Sox maybe? Did he burn any bridges there?

Givens figures to be our #1 setup guy. Sending him down for 10 days at a time is not a good option. Having McFarland and one other middle reliever with options should be plenty enough flexibility.

Happy Birthday BTW. Appreciate all you bring to the board.

I just heard on WTOP news that the Nationals have a sharp interest in O'Day... and my heart sank.

Seriously?

I'm not sure I could stand seeing one of my favorite O's playing for "that" team.

Say it ain't gonna be so... O's need to keep him in Baltimore!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/nationals-journal/wp/2015/11/23/nationals-reportedly-pursuing-darren-oday-what-to-do-with-jonathan-papelbon/

Yes, they are. Since his wife works for FOX news in DC, I'm sure that is a very attractive option for O'Day. He's said he would give the O's a chance to match any offer, but I suspect the Nats will offer him more than the O's are willing to, or should, pay.

I'm perfectly fine if he pitches for the Nats. Better them than a team in the AL East, or anywhere else in the AL, for that matter.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/nationals-journal/wp/2015/11/23/nationals-reportedly-pursuing-darren-oday-what-to-do-with-jonathan-papelbon/

Yes, they are. Since his wife works for FOX news in DC, I'm sure that is a very attractive option for O'Day. He's said he would give the O's a chance to match any offer, but I suspect the Nats will offer him more than the O's are willing to, or should, pay.

I'm perfectly fine if he pitches for the Nats. Better them than a team in the AL East, or anywhere else in the AL, for that matter.

That's my view for all our free agents we're likely to lose. As long as they go places where we don't have to play them 20 times a season... hate to lose these guys, but if it is inevitably going to happen, it's better that we don't constantly play them.

Archived