Offseason Rumors and Deals Around MLB

neveradoubt

I think it was Buck talking the other day, about the AL East, and they were the only division that had 2 teams with Astroturfs fields. He said pitching in the AL East was more difficult and it takes more to do so.

The AL East have the two worse ballparks to watch baseball on TV in Tampa and Toronto. Those Turf fields are ridiculous and if the cities can't provide better alternatives MLB should look into moving those franchises.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The AL East have the two worse ballparks to watch baseball on TV in Tampa and Toronto. Those Turf fields are ridiculous and if the cities can't provide better alternatives MLB should look into moving those franchises.

Dang straight and not only ridiculous, but dangerous too.

Write in campaign. Tony-OH for New Baseball COMMISH!!!!!!!!

Either Dan has some trade that is close to being consumed or they believe that Wright or Wilson is equal to or greater than Fister and the extra bucks. Maybe the plan is to go with the kids and adjust mid season once teams fall out of contention. Let's just hope that isn't us.

Or we have an offer out to Gallardo, as rumored. Last I heard it was O's and Astros for Gallardo. This has me worried that Astros will drop out on Gallardo, Gallardo takes the O's offer, and we lose another pick. Argh.

Hopefully he pitches decent and maybe we can trade him in year 3 to get a B prospect back to recoup some of the value of the pick.

I dont share your opinion that we are giving up #14 for the dude, sorry, just IMO

I will be very interested in your opinion of Duquette and his direction, if he signs Gallardo, sacrificing the pick. Since you don't want Gallardo and Duquette can do no wrong, in your eyes.

for Jake McGhee

think we could have gotten him for Zach Britton?

should we have?

I'm really wondering what the plan is for Britton seeing he is a FA at end of year, a Boras client so not likely to extend, or sign for a reasonable team friendly deal.

If we could have gotten a 26 yo corner OF'er to plug a big need for multiple years for a closer that we are only going to have for one more season I would have been all over it.

Archived