Offseason Rumors and Deals Around MLB

neveradoubt

What's the difference between the average pitcher hitting in the NL compared to facing the average #9 hitter in the AL?

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/71693338/new-york-mets-bartolo-colon-among-worst-hitting-pitchers-ever

.085/.127/.094* last season. That's a .221 OPS, a number that would be bad as a batting average. It's also pretty close to Colon's career OPS.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't. You face hitters at 8 and 9. And Nelson Cruz.

I have seen Zimmerman pitch alot.I think he well be fine.Nationals don't like resigning guys with TJ surgery.Their philosophy is they fall apart after seven or eight years. That is why Strasburg is probably gone next.I don't see the Orioles signing any decent pitcher.I would rip it apart.As it stands, the Orioles have the worst outfield in the majors.

I have seen Zimmerman pitch alot.I think he well be fine.Nationals don't like resigning guys with TJ surgery.Their philosophy is they fall apart after seven or eight years. That is why Strasburg is probably gone next.I don't see the Orioles signing any decent pitcher.I would rip it apart.As it stands the Orioles have the worst outfield in the majors.

I think Zimmermann will be fine too. I do not think going to Detroit makes him better.

As Com said, I think the AL/NL thing is overrated. And interleague play has negated that some too. If you can pitch it shouldn't matter much.

But it does. Quite a bit. Ask the pitchers. Last year it was only .10 in their gross ERA. Usually about a fourth to a third of a run.

No, I'm comparing Price and Zimmerman. I'm not going to include players that may or may not influence the Tigers. The BJ got highly touted SP prospect Kyle Draper for Roy Halladay. How did that turn out?

Ah so you are going to leave out certain things in your comparison to make sure you have "enough evidence" to back up your view point. Well at least you are honest about not wanting to discuss things evenly.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Crowd said six years, $126m for Zimmermann. Our contract calculator said $105m for five years. Paying for strikeout and walk rates, not ERA.</p>— Eno Sarris (@enosarris) <a href="

">November 29, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Showalter, a 2-year-old, named after Buck and owned by Peter Angelos, won his racing debut at Laurel. Won the 5 1/2 furlong race by a neck.</p>— Rich Dubroff (@RichDubroffCSN) <a href="

Right. My point was more that Shapiro isn't one to jump at the trappings of a small sample size. So, I'm curious what analysis drove him in this direction. That's all.

La Cava tries to answer:

Interim GM Tony LaCava says the Blue Jays inked Happ because he fills an urgent need for the club without forcing Toronto to give up a prospect, big leaguer, or draft pick, as John Lott of the National Post writes.

....We?ve had dialogue with any number of (free agents), a wide net we?ve cast, and we still have conversations with various free agents and their agents and also with other teams looking at the trade market as well,? LaCava said. ?I wouldn?t rule anything out right now, but certainly we did address some of the bigger needs that we had.?

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/11/blue-jays-happ-bartolo-colon-yankees.html

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Showalter, a 2-year-old, named after Buck and owned by Peter Angelos, won his racing debut at Laurel. Won the 5 1/2 furlong race by a neck.</p>— Rich Dubroff (@RichDubroffCSN) <a href="

CVBWZigUEAAEmbo.jpg

Archived