Offseason Rumors and Deals Around MLB

neveradoubt

I didn't realize how good he was. Just looked at stats. Damn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A big thing Pollock has going for him is his park. Drafting and owning guys that hit in awesome parks is not a new idea for fantasy, but a guy like Pollock who relies heavily on maintaining a high BABIP and being on base frequently to steal gets a lot of value out of hitting in a top notch offensive ballpark.

http://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/just-how-good-is-a-j-pollock/

The Diamondbacks liked everything about A.J. Pollock when he was coming out of Notre Dame in 2009. They believed he could run and hit and play center field. They thought he had at least a little sock in his bat. They loved his makeup. In scouting parlance, Pollock checked off all the boxes.

But even the scouts who believed in him the most probably didn't expect him to produce the sort of value he's churned out over his past 162 games. From late in the 2013 season through Wednesday, Pollock had a .312 average, .363 on-base, .485 slugging and 31 steals in his past 584 at-bats to go along with Gold Glove-caliber defense.

Pollock is one of a handful of players in recent seasons to have begun establishing themselves as standout major leaguers despite lukewarm expectations, joining the likes of St. Louis Cardinals third baseman Matt Carpenter, San Francisco second baseman Joe Panik and Seattle Mariners third baseman Kyle Seager, among others

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/mlb/diamondbacks/2015/06/18/arizona-diamondbacks-aj-pollock-defying-low-upside-tag/28954291/

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Probably the worst contract of the offseason.

So much for the $100M on the table

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Forget the theory that Jeff Samardzija will be the bargain of the offseason. Teams talking with him say he's claiming to have $100M on table</p>— Jayson Stark (@jaysonst) <a href="

">December 2, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So much for the $100M on the table

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Forget the theory that Jeff Samardzija will be the bargain of the offseason. Teams talking with him say he's claiming to have $100M on table</p>— Jayson Stark (@jaysonst) <a href="

">December 2, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Amazing how Sabean always looks foolish in the offseason and has so much WS bling.

I agree with this. Next offseason could be critical depending on what happens this year.

I thought (and hoped) that this offseason would be the appropriate time to do exactly what you and weams are suggesting. Now that Wieters is back on the QO and a push is being made for O'Day and Davis I have to wonder whether that line of thinking will ever gain any traction in the Warehouse.

I thought (and hoped) that this offseason would be the appropriate time to do exactly what you and weams are suggesting. Now that Wieters is back on the QO and a push is being made for O'Day and Davis I have to wonder whether that line of thinking will ever gain any traction in the Warehouse.
I'd wait and see if we sign O'Day and Davis first. If we don't this will be a poor year and next year we could trade Manny, Britton, Jones and Schoop .

Padres could shop Cashner too:

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/12/padres-notes-ross-cashner-middlebrooks.html

What are the Padres looking for? That article says a "high volume of prospects"...we could give them plenty of prospects but they wouldn't be very good :rolleyes:

Could we do a package deal around Cashner, Shields, Pomeranz for Hardy, Gonzalez, Matusz? That round out our rotation without needing to deal with the exploding FA SP market, not increase our payroll too much, and give us a lefty reliever that can actually pitch to righties.

In terms of prospects they would want, they traded Alonso, so I suppose Walker?

Archived