Offseason Rumors and Deals Around MLB

neveradoubt

JonHeymanCBS: "Orioles met with Justin upton's agent Larry Reynolds. Good option, esp if Davis doesn't stay. Blog coming on @CBSSports"

https://twitter.com/jonheymancbs/status/674607494921125888

Good.

I'm glad we're kicking the tires on all of the big bats available. Especially since we really need help in the OF more than 1B.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think we should do this.

C - Matt Wieters

1B - Mark Trumbo

2B - Jonathan Schoop

SS - J.J. Hardy

3B - Manny Machado

LF - Steve Pearce/Nolan Reimold

CF - Adam Jones

RF - Jason Heyward

DH - Pedro Alvarez

You're going to spend $25 million on Heyward and still have $15 million or so for Alvarez and Pearce?

I guess we're counting on Gonzo and Worley to be 2/5ths of our rotation?

You're going to spend $25 million on Heyward and still have $15 million or so for Alvarez and Pearce?

I guess we're counting on Gonzo and Worley to be 2/5ths of our rotation?

Pitching? Pitching? We don't need no stinking pitching lol

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Orioles' offer to Chris Davis sets a significant benchmark in his talks: About $150 million over seven years.</p>— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) <a href="

">December 9, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I mean, I don't see a team really going much farther beyond that. Going to be quite the gamble from Boras if he spurns this offer.

I'd love to know how much differed money (if true) we're talking about. Still need to fill some short term holes.

I mean, I don't see a team really going much farther beyond that. Going to be quite the gamble from Boras if he spurns this offer.

I think you're right. My concern is that the O's might be spending $20 million more than necessary.

I think you're right. My concern is that the O's might be spending $20 million more than necessary.

This is where I'm at. At the beginning I was all about retaining Crush but if PA is allowing a budget increase, we could use that money to construct a much better team IMO. It sucks I'm kinda rooting against Crush to accept our offer.

Honestly, I think it might be more of a gamble for him to take it.

I don't buy the idea that he could not get a similar deal or better later. Especially if there is deferred money involved.

Maybe I am biased. Personally I am not the biggest fan of sinking 150 million dollars into Davis. I am even less of a fan of having to pay him that much for 7 years. Guys like Davis tend to age badly.

Prefer Heyward, Gordon or Upton depending on the years/terms.

This is where I'm at. At the beginning I was all about retaining Crush but if PA is allowing a budget increase, we could use that money to construct a much better team IMO. It sucks I'm kinda rooting against Crush to accept our offer.

Oh, I am too under the circumstances.

Archived