Crasnick: O's serious about Mancini as a 1B option

wildcard

If we don't save money on the little guys we can't spend it on the big guys. Tolleson spent time on the team in 2012. He played in 109 games for the Blue Jays in 2014. Buck knows what he can do.

Wait, so we get rid of Flaherty in favor of Tolleson and save a million. Then we make a few more cost cutting measures like that and we can sign say, Heyward? Sweet.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mancini is going to be a beast, but for Norfolk this year, because PA is signing Crush. Both predictions are right here. Write them down. Davis is our 1b on Opening Day and Mancini becomes Paul Goldschmidt by 2017. Check back with me on these.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Which implies that Crush moves to RF by 2017. That's OK with me. In fact, if they do resign CD it's not obvious to me that he'll be at 1B next year. He could be in RF as early as next year. We have a lot of holes to fill and Chris can slot in to a number of them.

Mancini is going to be a beast, but for Norfolk this year, because PA is signing Crush. Both predictions are right here. Write them down. Davis is our 1b on Opening Day and Mancini becomes Paul Goldschmidt by 2017. Check back with me on these.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't think he will amount to much if he doesn't acquire some semblance of strike zone control. As I've said before, there aren't many successful major league first baseman with walk rates under 5 percent.

Paul Goldschmidt didn't have to overcome that.

Sounds like a weak negotiating tactic to me by the O's in talks with, presumably, Davis. Mancini has never played a day in the big leagues, him as a real option now is a joke.
Makes me feel like they may be in trade talks for a first basemen and are publicly underplaying the urgency.
Goodbye Chris Davis. The fact that this was even addressed tells me the Orioles want Davis to take a lot less than what he will get on the market.
You don't think that there is any chance that this may well indicate a real plan to spend on at least one big-ticket FA outfielder and at least one FA SP?

I cannot believe anyone is assigning the slightest significance to Crasnick's tweet. It is quite obvious that there is no assurance we can sign Davis, and that the team needs to be thinking about what its other options would be at 1B. It is equally obvious that Mancini is one of the options they would consider. So Crasnick's tweet doesn't tell us anything we didn't already know, and we don't even know what his source is. All I can say is YYYYAAAAWWWWNNNN!!!! I don't think it sheds any light on how likely it is that we can re-sign Davis, or exactly what we'll do if we don't sign him.

Archived