At this point, do you want Davis back (poll)

Todd-O

After a week of negotiations, do you still want Davis in Black and Orange?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. After a week of negotiations, do you still want Davis in Black and Orange?

• See - You - Later, Chris!
    • Yes, Bring him Back!

I voted see you later. Like I said in another thread.. He could just as easily hit .200 with 230Ks and 35 bombs as he could hit .270 200Ks and 50 bombs.

That being said, if the money is only out there for Davis (I don't really think this is the case), then yes try to sign him. Move on to Upton or a pitcher, whatever.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the one case where I'm acting completely like a fan. Really like a child. I want CD back because he's my favorite player. This whole situation has already been really damaging to my fanhood.

We gave a solid offer to my favorite player and it looks as though he just wants to hold out for more.

That's pro sports these days I guess. It's disappointing.

Depends on whether Angelos will let them spend the money on other things, or whether this is a "special appropriation." Also would depend on the terms they could get with other players.

Agreed. There are so many other factors to consider. I voted for "see ya"

Davis's only redeeming quality is that he is married to an Oklahoman/////

Depends on whether Angelos will let them spend the money on other things, or whether this is a "special appropriation." Also would depend on the terms they could get with other players.

Well, what if it's not about "other things" or players from FA this year? As Stotle poses in another thread, what if the choice were signing Davis to an overpay this year or extending Manny? So, sign Davis and the money most likely isn't there for other meaningful pieces this year AND it's not available later to sign their best player.

I pass on Davis even without this question.

Archived