At this point, do you want Davis back (poll)

Todd-O

After a week of negotiations, do you still want Davis in Black and Orange?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. After a week of negotiations, do you still want Davis in Black and Orange?

• See - You - Later, Chris!
    • Yes, Bring him Back!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, here we have it:

O's have offered Davis really good money...word is he's looking for significantly more.

So, do you still want him back? Or do want to see that money go towards a good corner outfielder and a SP?

Vote!

Davis is a good corner outfielder. Bring him back!

And sign a starting pitcher ;)

I do want him back, but only if he took the 7/150 offer. I am glad to see the team avoid falling into the Boras vortex. If he were to "settle" for that offer, then I have no problem with him being on the team. Business is business and I have no issue with him trying to get as much money as possible, but there is no way I would raise it to 200, or anything more than what is on the table for that matter. I say we move on unless he changes his mind before we finalize with someone else.

I did not vote since it is more complicated for me than yes, or no.

So, here we have it:

O's have offered Davis really good money...word is he's looking for significantly more.

So, do you still want him back? Or do want to see that money go towards a good corner outfielder and a SP?

Vote!

Don't want him back. Spend that money elsewhere. IMO

I'd love to see Crush back. I dig the Earl Weaver special, or the power game. However, I hope the O's hold the budget line. Baltimore is still a blue collar town at heart and greed never plays well - turning a nose up at 7/150 makes his return seem less likely. If this doesn't course correct over the next couple days, I'm all for finding players who want to be here.

-Don

The only FA SP I want are Kazmir and Maeda, and we're not gonna get Maeda. But that's a problem whether or not we sign Davis - we likely will have to go to the SP trade market either way, unless we want to make a really bad deal and give up a pick for the likes of Gallardo or Kennedy.

At the 7/150 price point for Davis, I'd much prefer Upton on the same contract or slightly more money.

I'd rather go in different direction. I like Davis but that offer is overpay which is why IMO it's the best one out there.

Like others have said; I'll take upton or Gordon and then Kazmir and Alvarez. That seems like the smarter way to allocate the $$ and not be crippled because we just never know what Angelos is going to do with Os payroll.

Archived