Tyler Wilson Hopes To Be Part Of Orioles' 2016 Plans

PressBoxOnline

Lohse is probably happening. I believe. I honestly think Wright is fine. I honestly think Wilson is better than Gonzalez. And will be an optionable swing man this season. I honestly think Worley is a fine four or five pitcher in the AL East. I honestly think that Gausman will replace Wright and Wilson will go down. Honestly.

You really think we get Lohse? That's decent insurance at least.

I don't agree Worley is a 4 or 5:) He seems best suited for a long man out of the pen.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

o

6 OUTS: 3 Groundouts, 1 Strikeout, 1 Flyout, 1 Lineout

PHILIP TYLER WILSON O (vs. BLUE JAYS, 4/19)

IP:l 2

H:;; 2 ll(1 Double, 1 Single)

R:l) 1

BB: 2

SO: 1

Pitches: 44 (22 Strikes, 22 Balls)

2016 ERA: 1.13

PITCHES BY INNING

25 (13 Strikes, 12 Balls)

19 (91 Strikes, 10 Balls)

From Roch, great guy. Takes responsibility.

“I bear a lot of responsibility for the way the game went today,” Wilson said last night. “Got two quick outs and I have to be able to shut the inning down a little faster. That’s my role, that’s my job, to come out there and give our team a chance to get back into the dugout and score some runs. That’s exactly what they did. I just have to be a little more efficient, a little better next time.”

I didn't think Wilson's command was very sharp last night. The pitch that Bautista hit for a double was an absolute meatball, center cut and belt high. On the other hand, the pitch where he struck out Encarnacion was filthy.

I didn't think Wright's command was very sharp last night. The pitch that Bautista hit for a double was an absolute meatball, center cut and belt high. On the other hand, the pitch where he struck out Encarnacion was filthy.

I agree with both.

I love Wilson, but with a fully rested bullpen, why is Buck turning to Wilson for the 7th and 8th innings of a close game? We saw Givens too, who has been struggling. No sight of Brach or O'Day in the 7th and 8th innings of a close game? Not a HUGE deal, but I thought it was a little curious.

We were losing 3-1 when Wilson entered. I don't think Buck uses Brach or O'Day too often when we are down two runs.

We were losing 3-1 when Wilson entered. I don't think Buck uses Brach or O'Day too often when we are down two runs.

The 7th made sense. Bundy and TJ had both pitched in the most recent game Saturday. However, we got back a run in the bottom of the 7th, making it a 1 run ballgame in the 8th. Seems like prime time for Brach, who had not pitched since Friday. I like that Buck has confidence in Tyler...but perhaps not that much.

I didn't think Wright's command was very sharp last night. The pitch that Bautista hit for a double was an absolute meatball, center cut and belt high. On the other hand, the pitch where he struck out Encarnacion was filthy.

I think the same thing happened when Wright gave up the big hit. They were just like give up pitches. As much as we used to hate the whole "Kevin Gregg never gives in" quote, it would have been nice if Wright and Wilson would have just used the empty base last night, and tried to make a quality pitch. If you walk the guy so be it. I'm not suggesting "nibbling", but against the Jays, you just can't throw them meatballs and say go beat me. They will.

I think the same thing happened when Wright gave up the big hit. They were just like give up pitches. As much as we used to hate the whole "Kevin Gregg never gives in" quote, it would have been nice if Wright and Wilson would have just used the empty base last night, and tried to make a quality pitch. If you walk the guy so be it. I'm not suggesting "nibbling", but against the Jays, you just can't throw them meatballs and say go beat me. They will.

I just noticed that my earlier post that you quoted mistakenly referred to Wright. I was referring to Wilson's pitches in the 7th inning. I think you understood that, but I've edited my post that you quoted so that nobody else will be confused.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tyler Wilson will start tmrw in KC. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a></p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="
">April 22, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Nice! Looking forward to it. If he could stick in the rotation that would give us a boost.

Archived