Tyler Wilson Hopes To Be Part Of Orioles' 2016 Plans

PressBoxOnline

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because Wright and Worley have both established that they are mediocre at best, low-ceiling pitchers.

I don't think Wright has established anything - one way or another. He could take off and be really good or he could continue to struggle. He has a decent minor league background. And a good built to be an innings eater.

He just needs to find a way to do in the majors what he has done in the minors.

I don't think Wright has established anything - one way or another. He could take off and be really good or he could continue to struggle. He has a decent minor league background. And a good built to be an innings eater.

I was very impressed with Wright after his first two starts last year, but it isn't hard to envision he and Worley giving way to Wilson. And I haven't been all that impressed with Wilson in the past.

Wilson's minor league numbers are as good or better than Wilson's. I am not saying we should give up on Wright, but I don't think his chance should come at the expense of Wilson. I also think Wright's stuff could play better in the bullpen where he could get by with a standard FB/SL approach.

Wilson's minor league numbers are as good or better than Wilson's. I am not saying we should give up on Wright, but I don't think his chance should come at the expense of Wilson. I also think Wright's stuff could play better in the bullpen where he could get by with a standard FB/SL approach.

Yeah, that CH needs some work if he wants to make it as a starter.

How many pitchers on our staff right now have options?

I too think Worley should be in the pen and Wilson should be a starter.......the biggest issue I see now is that Wilson's roster spot is probably very much in jeopardy with Matusz and Gausman soon to return.

If you don't send Wilson down.....which 2 guys are you getting rid of instead?

How many pitchers on our staff right now have options?

I too think Worley should be in the pen and Wilson should be a starter.......the biggest issue I see now is that Wilson's roster spot is probably very much in jeopardy with Matusz and Gausman soon to return.

If you don't send Wilson down.....which 2 guys are you getting rid of instead?

Optionable: Wright, Wilson, TJM, Givens

I'd probably send McFarland and Wright down when Matusz and Gausman come back. I'd also put Wilson in the rotation and switch Worley to long relief. That just pushes the problem down to AAA, where you have to consider how you fit Wright and McFarland into their roster.

We sure have a lot of starting candidates, but can any of them go 6+ every once and awhile?

I'd probably send McFarland and Wright down when Matusz and Gausman come back. I'd also put Wilson in the rotation and switch Worley to long relief. That just pushes the problem down to AAA, where you have to consider how you fit Wright and McFarland into their roster.

We sure have a lot of starting candidates, but can any of them go 6+ every once and awhile?

OK, yea this makes sense to me too and I think it's what I would prefer as well. One of these years TJ Mac is gonna run out of options, lol. I thought we had used them all up by now.

It's still very early. I think Buck is still feeling things out. Fans are reaching conclusions based on a very small sample of innings pitched and games played.

It will be interesting to see the results of Gausman's and Matusz's appearances tonight.

Buck gave Wright a starting job; no way he sends him down after a few starts. He didn't give Wilson the starting nod, so he's going down out of the two.

Someone help me understand how Matusz on the roster makes us a better team?

A one, two batter Loogy in a bullpen that is being asked to pitch 4 innings every night?

Party at my house when the O's finally release Matusz

GOOD Question waiting to see if Matusz gets shelled again tonight.

Archived