Tyler Wilson Hopes To Be Part Of Orioles' 2016 Plans

PressBoxOnline

Pretty much what you said. And overall, with this lineup, 4 runs given up is keeping us in the game most nights. Way too early for folks to get in a knot this early over Ubaldo.

You think this thread is bad, you should try to read the game thread, my goodness....

Ubaldo had crappy numbers at Fenway, we all knew it. Bottom line: Tyler Wilson deserves a start.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You think this thread is bad, you should try to read the game thread, my goodness....

Ubaldo had crappy numbers at Fenway, we all knew it. Bottom line: Tyler Wilson deserves a start.

Oh, yeah. I try to keep up with the game threads until I'm finding I'm keeping my head down and missing the action. When I'm missing the nuances of the game by trying to keep track of the nuances of the game threads, I know it's time for me to get away from the laptop for awhile. Folks are understandably more emotional as the games are happening. I get that.

That said, I do remember that one good start at Fenway (no hits until the 4th inning or so) that was cut short by the ejection. I was at a Minor League game at the time and could not believe it. I had to turn on MLB At Bat to hear what was going on. I think it was the game that Schoop got hurt, too.

You keep Jimenez in the rotation until Gausman is ready, then he goes to the pen. Tillman, Gallardo, Gausman, Wilson, Wright/Worley. Maybe even split starts with Worley/Wright/Wilson.

Ubaldo was our best pitcher this year. He had a bad night. That's all.

Macfarland and Wilson have looked superior to Worley and Wright. They've both shown better stuff over multiple outings so far. I just don't see it with Wright right now. Worley is going to be on the 25 man regardless. Once Gausman comes back the rotation should be Tillman, Ubaldo, Gausman, Gallardo, Wilson/Mac with Worley as the long man. I get that Wright throws a few mph harder than Wilson and Mac, but his "stuff" is not better. I like them all but the tie breaker for me is that Wilson and especially Mac have earned a shot. It's Macfarland's 4th year with us and if he's hitting 91-92, his stuff is good enough with his movement.

It seems to me like Wilson would be a better option than Wright. Wright would be a good power pitcher out of the bullpen. Wilson deserves a shot, I thought so in spring training as well, it took me off guard that Wright seems to be the guy with the inside track.

Ubaldo drives me crazy with his inconsistency. I won't worry about him just yet because it was cold and the Red Sox are a good team but his past is troubling. Let's hope for a post All Star break of 2013 kind of stretch from him this year. That would be a welcome sight.

Temps in the 30's tonight. Not baseball weather. Hard to judge pitchers on a night like that. Plus no pitcher wins very much when the offense scores only 2 runs.

Not in the AL - it's a fantasy. Wilson was good. He deserves to collect an MLB pay check.

I think I was too hard on Jimenez last night. Just a reactionary rant to a disappointing outing.

However, they need to treat him the same way they've treated Gonzalez. If he doesn't get his act together, quick, he needs to be moved out of the rotation.

I think I was too hard on Jimenez last night. Just a reactionary rant to a disappointing outing.

However, they need to treat him the same way they've treated Gonzalez. If he doesn't get his act together, quick, he needs to be moved out of the rotation.

Agreed. If his ERA is north of 6.00 after 15-20 starts they need to consider other options.

Well it's not going to happen after 2 starts. It's easy to be emotional after the winning streak ending. But, while Ulbaldo was bad he was far from the only problem.

Base running blunders were a big problem. Personally I would've pinch hit for Joseph late with the bases loaded.

I agree Wilson looks good and Wright struggled ..as it turns out he Orioles need at least 2 long men the way the rotation is going. Hopefully Tillman and Gallardo put up better efforts in Texas and we are better off.

I'm dreading the return of Matusz and Gausman because you know the moves will not be what's best for the club.

I think Wright deserves some consistent starts and I think Wilson should stay. At this point I send Givens out and dump Worley. Watching his start he does not seem to have an out pitch.

Worley or McFarland are going to be the 5th starter if Wright (who's unproven at this point) continues to struggle. You have to keep both of them on the roster so you can have a spot starter and a long reliever.

Temps in the 30's tonight. Not baseball weather. Hard to judge pitchers on a night like that. Plus no pitcher wins very much when the offense scores only 2 runs.

Yeah, I'm not going to draw any big conclusions from this cold-weather game. Some pitchers struggle in that environment and it wouldn't surprise me if Ubaldo is one of them. Hopefully he does better in his next start back in Baltimore.

On the other hand, what Wilson has done in his two outings is very impressive. I think he may get a shot at the rotation later in the year.

Yeah, I'm not going to draw any big conclusions from this cold-weather game. Some pitchers struggle in that environment and it wouldn't surprise me if Ubaldo is one of them. Hopefully he does better in his next start back in Baltimore.

On the other hand, what Wilson has done in his two outings is very impressive. I think he may get a shot at the rotation later in the year.

He'll get it eventually, I think after a few starts where Vance completely sucks

I was at the game last night. I was in basically the last row of the stadium--about as far from the pitcher's mound as you can get-- but Sox fans nearby were enjoying Wilson's frog hop he does behind the mound before each inning. Plus, his quick delivery and strike throwing helped make up for earlier when both Jimenez and Kelly were moving the game along at a snail's pace. Given the cold I think everyone was thankful for that. He's fun. Whether it winds up starter or reliever, I'm looking forward to watching this guy's Orioles career.

I like the guy, but I still don't like the lack of K's. I mean yeah it beats the alternative of walking everyone or pitching Garrett Olsen style, but the lack of of punch outs make me skeptical of him as a starter moving forward. This coming from someone who isn't sold on Wright as a starter either.

Wilson is sturdy. He is tall.He seems composed. He threw about 130 innings last year between the minors and the big club. As an Oriole he gave us about 36 innings and a very respectable 3.5 ERA. His stuff isn't overpowering, but he throws strikes and doesn't get rattled. If Worley falters or Wright continues to look unimpressive, Id DEFINITELY consider him as a number 5.He is even more of a candidate for this rotation than Bundy is given the body of work at a major league level and health concerns.

Im a Wilson fan. I also like Oliver Drake too and would like to see him at some point.This team needs to look at other options.And soon.

I think Tyler has been pretty valuable in his current role. And why does a 7-1 team need to do anything "soon?"

Archived