Tyler Wilson Hopes To Be Part Of Orioles' 2016 Plans

PressBoxOnline

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wright still seems like a bullpen arm to me. Wilson is the guy that should stay in the rotation.

I know Wright has better stuff but just not clicking...maybe we should trade him to the Cubs (cries into pillow).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wright was fine today. Sometimes the other guys get lucky. BABIP of .476 today.

I agree that Wilson>Wright, though.

Wilson has better control of his pitches and of his emotion. He's our 5th guy for now.

Nope. Ubaldo is and always will be, a number 5 pitcher. Wilson is the third best starter right now, and to me (for whatever that's worth), he seems to have that spot locked down. Even when Gallardo comes back, Wilson is going to be third.

Wright still seems like a bullpen arm to me. Wilson is the guy that should stay in the rotation.

I know Wright has better stuff but just not clicking...maybe we should trade him to the Cubs (cries into pillow).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What some said. Bergesen was better than Arrieta too.

Wright was fine today. Sometimes the other guys get lucky. BABIP of .476 today.

I agree that Wilson>Wright, though.

I disagree that Wright was fine. He has an inability to go deep into games and finish guys off. What this means guys can just slap at his stuff.

The problem with Wright today is that all he had was his fastball. And it's not a good one if that's all he is throwing.

This was the approach of the A's and you have to give them credit it. They were going with the pitches and not overswinging like the O's did for nearly the entire game.

I disagree that Wright was fine. He has an inability to go deep into games and finish guys off. What this means guys can just slap at his stuff.

The problem with Wright today is that all he had was his fastball. And it's not a good one if that's all he is throwing.

This was the approach of the A's and you have to give them credit it. They were going with the pitches and not overswinging like the O's did for nearly the entire game.

The O's had mostly terrible ABs today, but let's not act like the A's were planning to loop the ball 120 feet to the opposite field. They were trying to hit the ball hard the other way.

Usually, they are out on a few more of those, then Wright has more steam by the time he gets to the 6th.

As a pitcher, you want a SO or soft contact. Wright got PLENTY of the latter today.

The O's had mostly terrible ABs today, but let's not act like the A's were planning to loop the ball 120 feet to the opposite field. They were trying to hit the ball hard the other way.

Usually, they are out on a few more of those, then Wright has more steam by the time he gets to the 6th.

I disagree. When all you throw are fastballs, it's easy to foul off a million pitches and just slap balls oppo.

As a pitcher, you want a SO or soft contact. Wright got PLENTY of the latter today.

Buck agrees:

"Were the A’s just going with the pitch while collecting a bunch of opposite-field hits?

“Not really,” Showalter replied. “I thought they were trying to pull it and it just went off the end of the bat. It wasn’t intentional, I’ll tell you that."

I don’t know if I’ve been involved in a game with more tough luck by the pitcher,” said manager Buck Showalter. “I thought it might have been Ubaldo (Jimenez) the last time out. But they’re hits. You hit them where people don’t play. I’m hoping we’ll have some of that good fortune in the second game.”

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2016/05/showalter-speaks-after-8-4-game-1-loss.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Check out Wright's body language compared to that of Wilson. Wilson shows confidence and determination while Wright shows frustration. At this point Wilson is clearly a better pitcher even though Wright's stuff may be better.

Never liked Wright. Too wild in the zone and seems arrogant. Yovani I'm sure would replace him when he gets back. Hopefully Bundy gets a chance to start some too.

While we're at it, can't stand McFarland and Ubaldo either. No idea what Buck sees in either.

Wilson is a keeper.

This is all a work in progress for me. Nothing is certain.

Wright has a 4.32 ERA through 5 innings in 5 games. He gets into trouble when Buck pushes him to go more than 5.

Wilson has 3 starts this season. He as gone 5 IP, 4.2 IP and 6 IP. He has pitched well in each start but we need to see more to know what he can do.

Worley has a 3.89 ERA in 83 starts in the majors. He probably starts on Wednesday. He could stay in the rotation if he has a good start. Who knows?

Who stays is the rotation is a question.

Its probably another 10 to 20 days before Gallardo returns. I don't think he is even throwing yet.

This is all a work in progress for me. Nothing is certain.

Wright has a 4.32 ERA through 5 innings in 5 games. He gets into trouble when Buck pushes him to go more than 5.

Wilson has 3 starts this season. He as gone 5 IP, 4.2 IP and 6 IP. He has pitched well in each start but we need to see more to know what he can do.

Worley has a 3.89 ERA in 83 starts in the majors. He probably starters on Wednesday. He could stay in the rotation if he has a good start. Who knows?

Who stays is the rotation is a question.

It probably another 10 to 20 days before Gallardo returns. I don't think he is even throwing yet.

Well said. It's still early. It would be nice to see Wilson go 6+ innings a couple more times. Right now it's pretty clearly Tillman-Gausman-Jimemez and two question marks.

We can say, Wilson has the lead at the quarter-mark for a rotation spot.

Nope. Ubaldo is and always will be, a number 5 pitcher. Wilson is the third best starter right now, and to me (for whatever that's worth), he seems to have that spot locked down. Even when Gallardo comes back, Wilson is going to be third.

Last year Ubaldo was our second best pitcher, at least by ERA. Ahead of Gausman and Tillman. He is inconsistent and has horrible mechanics, but he also has terrific stuff. There is always going to be the risk that he reverts to 2014, but he is certainly better than a #5 starter.

That said, I am a big fan of Tyler Wilson.

Archived