Tyler Wilson Hopes To Be Part Of Orioles' 2016 Plans

PressBoxOnline

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

o

18 OUTS: 8 Flyouts, 3 Strikeouts, 4 Groundouts, 1 Lineout, 1 Caught Stealing, 1 Out Trying to Stretch a Double Into a Triple

PHILIP TYLER WILSON O (vs. MARINERS, 5/19)

IP:l 6

H:;; 6 ll(1 Home Run, 2 Doubles, 3 Singles)

R:l) 5

BB: 3

SO: 3

Pitches: 91 (52 Strikes, 39 Balls)

2016 ERA: 3.68

PITCHES BY INNING

14 (12 Strikes, 21 Balls)

14 (71 Strikes, 71 Balls)

13 (81 Strikes, 51 Balls)

10 (61 Strikes, 41 Balls)

12 (71 Strikes, 51 Balls)

28 (12 Strikes, 16 Balls)

I did not watch it live, but his line looked pretty good to me. The Lind ball was catchable; even if it wasn't, it was a very cheap Camden Yard home run. I strongly disagree with the decision to intentionally walk Seager. It was only the top of 6th inning down 1. Possibly sets up the DP but I would rather concede the one run and keep it a two run game then set them up for a big inning. Seager is a good hitter but so is Lind. There was no matchup advantage. Rookie pitcher extended into the 6th, just didn't seem like the time to gamble. Tyler was not helped by his manager or his defense. Buck guessed wrong and it cost us the game.

I did not watch it live, but his line looked pretty good to me. The Lind ball was catchable; even if it wasn't, it was a very cheap Camden Yard home run. I strongly disagree with the decision to intentionally walk Seager. It was only the top of 6th inning down 1. Possibly sets up the DP but I would rather concede the one run and keep it a two run game then set them up for a big inning. Seager is a good hitter but so is Lind. There was no matchup advantage. Rookie pitcher extended into the 6th, just didn't seem like the time to gamble. Tyler was not helped by his manager or his defense. Buck guessed wrong and it cost us the game.

And if it is a 6-4-3 Buck is a genius. Second guessing is fun, but I'm real glad that Buck is the one making these decisions for the Orioles.

Yeah, he was fading in the 6th and that dinger caught some breeze as it fooled everyone - it wasn't crushed. I'm still higher on him here than most. He's improving, battling and learning and I see him as our next Gonzo. A solid 4th-5th starter as we ease Gausman, hopefully Bundy and Harvey into the starting lineup as a young core of starters that will allow for these extensions to be afforded with Machado, Jones, Tillman and ultimately, Schoop not to mention Davis' current deal.

Tyler's a very astute young guy who has been moving up very rapidly due to his ability to correct and adapt. I like him a lot more than Wright.

Good post. Agree with everything you said.

A lot of pitchers would have crumbled tonight with all the sketchy defense, including some by Wilson himself, but Wilson hung in there. I liked his demeanor on the field and in his postgame interview. I can see why Buck likes him.

Archived