Orioles Claim Joey Terdoslavich (DFA for Davis Passed through Waivers)

Rene88

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He can play the OF.

Yep. I was just following up his point that in addition to Mancini and Walker and Joey T, Navarro is known for his first base defense. It is four guys with a lot of first base games under their belts.

Duquette: "Navarro is a versatile player who is a capable hitter and very good first baseman."

Terdoslavich, Mancini, Walker, Navarro, Urrutia, Alvarez, maybe Hoes. That's a lot of guys for 1B, CO, DH.

Deep depth.

Whether or not it's AAAA-depth or MLB depth remains to be seen.

If we wind up with even 2 bonafide Major Leaguers out of the 7 players that you mentioned, that would be good.

So, I'm trying to piece together Terdoslavich's story.

• In his first pro season he does well at low A.
  • 2nd year he crushes high A.
  • 3rd year he does great at AA and promoted mid-year.
  • So far, so good...
  • In his first taste of AAA ball, he fails horribly.
  • But the Braves see something and let him stay at Gwinnett for year #4. He rakes. Promoted to the big club!
  • His first taste of MLB is 92 PA in year 4 and his power goes away completely. Fail.
  • Year #5, back to AAA for basically the whole year. .722 OPS. Disappointed he's not in Atlanta?
  • Year #6, does he 'bite back'? Why, yes he does. .843 OPS, and back to Atlanta. 59 PA this time and he bumps the OPS to .629, but at age 26 the Braves are fed up... presumably because he's not a prospect anymore.

What have we learned? I dunno... that he has a chance? Maybe he's a poor man's Dexter Fowler... Lanky switch-hitting corner OF with average defense, good OBP, a little pop.

I guess I'm glad he's in Norfolk. I imagine he'll do well there and we'll see him in Baltimore for a cup of joe this year.

So, I'm trying to piece together Terdoslavich's story.
  • In his first pro season he does well at low A.
  • 2nd year he crushes high A.
  • 3rd year he does great at AA and promoted mid-year.
  • So far, so good...
  • In his first taste of AAA ball, he fails horribly.
  • But the Braves see something and let him stay at Gwinnett for year #4. He rakes. Promoted to the big club!
  • His first taste of MLB is 92 PA in year 4 and his power goes away completely. Fail.
  • Year #5, back to AAA for basically the whole year. .722 OPS. Disappointed he's not in Atlanta?
  • Year #6, does he 'bite back'? Why, yes he does. .843 OPS, and back to Atlanta. 59 PA this time and he bumps the OPS to .629, but at age 26 the Braves are fed up... presumably because he's not a prospect anymore.

What have we learned? I dunno... that he has a chance? Maybe he's a poor man's Dexter Fowler... Lanky switch-hitting corner OF with average defense, good OBP, a little pop.

I guess I'm glad he's in Norfolk. I imagine he'll do well there and we'll see him in Baltimore for a cup of joe this year.

If I could put this post on a credit card, I would.

Thumbs up.

Deep depth.

Whether or not it's AAAA-depth or MLB depth remains to be seen.

If we wind up with even 2 bonafide Major Leaguers out of the 7 players that you mentioned, that would be good.

Exactly. Any update on Hoes. The milb depth is looking great. Just need a SP at the mlb level and maybe another former mlb'er for AAA depth.

1B: Walker, Mancini, Herrara, Terdoslavich

2B: Tolleson

SS: Janish

3B: Tolleson

CF: Avery, Alvarez

LF/RF: Herrara, Alvarez, Terdoslavich, Urrutia, Avery, Hoes????

C: Francisco Pena

SP: Wilson, Wright, Mac, Jones

BP: Drake, Garcia, Mac, Wilson, Wright, Rifenhauser,

Lots of MLB ready depth. That's not counting prospects like Hess, Cisco, Bridwell, Lee, Miranda, Yaz, Davis, Triggs, that will all be playing in the upper minors this year. This is how we've beaten out projections since DD took over in 2012.

Exactly. Any update on Hoes. The milb depth is looking great. Just need a SP at the mlb level and maybe another former mlb'er for AAA depth.

1B: Walker, Mancini, Herrara, Terdoslavich

2B: Tolleson

SS: Janish

3B: Tolleson

CF: Avery, Alvarez

LF/RF: Herrara, Alvarez, Terdoslavich, Urrutia, Avery, Hoes????

C: Francisco Pena

SP: Wilson, Wright, Mac, Jones

BP: Drake, Garcia, Mac, Wilson, Wright, Rifenhauser,

Lots of MLB ready depth. That's not counting prospects like Hess, Cisco, Bridwell, Lee, Miranda, Yaz, Davis, Triggs, that will all be playing in the upper minors this year. This is how we've beaten out projections since DD took over in 2012.

The minor league teams are for the most part winning now too. I think that's significant, and it's dumbfounding how that translates to a bottom-rated farm system.

Prediction: Steve Tolleson will have an impact on the 2016 team in limited major league play.

The minor league teams are for the most part winning now too. I think that's significant, and it's dumbfounding how that translates to a bottom-rated farm system.

Prediction: Steve Tolleson will have an impact on the 2016 team in limited major league play.

Because they are winning with majority AAAA players.

• 4 months later...

Joey made a fan for life in Bowie tonight. Maybe a couple.

My son (semi jokingly) asked Caleb Joseph for his bat a few times, as he walked by from the dugout to the clubhouse. He didn't really expect him to give him a bat, and Caleb laughed about it.

Joey came by after the game though and totally surprised my son with a cracked game used Joey T. custom Lousiville Slugger! You couldn't wipe the smile off of my son's face, and he literally cuddled with the bat in the car on the way home.

Joey had a homerun in the game to boot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived