Davis Signs With Baltimore (7/$161M, incl $42M deferred)

TonySoprano

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Yep, I think most of the reactions to this were lukewarm.

It was obvious to most that at this point there was no intention to resign Machado, IMO. 

As a reminder, there was a poll about it at the time.  

3 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Damn, took me awhile to find this post, but glad to see that I was against this deal from the start. Haha. I was pretty sure I was, but sometimes you gotta go back and find proof. 

I love that you had  .210 and 30 HR has a baseline if Davis has a bad year. If only he would hit .210 and 30 HR!

1 hour ago, Aristotelian said:

I love that you had  .210 and 30 HR has a baseline if Davis has a bad year. If only he would hit .210 and 30 HR!

Yeah, I'm not sure anyone saw the bottom falling out to where he;s the worse hitter in the league.

2 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I don't think even the biggest pessimist would have predicted the level of incompetence we've seen thus far this year. He'd be better off hitting right handed.

He has been hitting near the Mendoza line for quite awhile, but dropping down to .170 is a surprise.  Wouldn't be surprised if he gets over .200 by year end.

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

As a reminder, there was a poll about it at the time.  

54% either liked it a lot or loved. Based on the comments about Davis and his contract I would have thought 0% liked it a lot or loved it. I dont recall voting but if I did I would have been in the liked it a lot column.

I think most cases of holding on to a bad contract are not because folks can’t admit a mistake, or don’t understand the elementary concept of sunk cost. Instead, I think it is mostly that no pressing alternative presents itself that overrides the infinitesimal chance that there might be some value left. Why pay the mythical replacement level player and the expensive one at the same time?Folks need a reason to....like a stud future player  that gives you joy to watch, or a playoff run. Angelos is not so much into the nuances that one less DH on the team the better, and that Trey getting reps at first is probably best for 2019 and beyond. That said, Chris Davis might be so bad that even PA can’t bare to watch anymore

5 minutes ago, Fuzzball22 said:

54% either liked it a lot or loved. Based on the comments about Davis and his contract I would have thought 0% liked it a lot or loved it. I dont recall voting but if I did I would have been in the liked it a lot column.

That's OK I didn't vote and I would have been in the hate column.

Archived