Orioles Sign Raffy Palmeiro's Son

weams

This is a nice feel good story.

On a side note, I've always hoped that Rafael Palmeiro would get employed by the Orioles again in some capacity and try to help his legacy and image. I don't like how he just suddenly disappeared from the public eye on such a bad note. Mark McGwire became a coach and has slowly been repairing his image and putting the past behind him. I hope Rafael Palmeiro can do the same thing.

Ideally I would like for him to be inducted into the Orioles Hall of Fame and then added as a coach for one of the Orioles minor league teams.

You remember WHY he disappeared on such a bad note, right? Because 5 months after pointing his finger at Congress and saying "I have never used steroids, period" he failed a drug test......for an anabolic STEROID.

I know he always seemed like a nice guy and certainly appeared likeable, but that shouldn't give him a pass for what he did. And I think it's easy to get fooled by some of these guys because we all want to like them so much....I remember the 2005 fan appreciation day when he didn't want anything to do with the fans......meanwhile, they literally had to drag Surhoff off the field and make him stop signing.

Archived