Just go trade for Jay Bruce or Markakis

oriolesacox

Put me in the optimistic camp as well. I expect Nick's BABIP to decline this year, but I think he will hit with a bit more power now that he is a year removed from his surgery and has had a normal offseason of workouts. I think he'll be a productive player through his current contract. But he won't be an Oriole.

Agreed ..I don't see it happening. But if his health concerns were the only reason they passed then that concern should be gone. He should be had with his contract for a 6 pack of beer.

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Homers estimate by position

1B Davis 40

3B Machado 35

CF Jones 30

C Wieters / Joseph 30 (W 20 / J 10)

DH Trumbo 25

2B Schoop 25

Hardy 15

= 200

That's not counting

Kim 10-20

Flaherty 10

D Alvarez 10-15

Reimold 3-5

Rickard 0-3

233-248

So I agree that you don't need the homers....if Bruce were to bounce back to his career average the trade would be a huge win. Some speculate hat his second half numbers were skewed by trade rumors and then the fact that he was dealt hurt his morale. He definately could be a change of scenery guy that hits big.

You always need homers. They count more than anything else.

You always need homers. They count more than anything else.

Bruce and P. Alvarez are both capable of thirty.

...but I haven't been hearing anything about any "replacement" acquisition for Fowler from my neck of the country. Anything substantive from you locals? I'm not talking about what they should or should not do, but rather if they're talking to someone.

David Murphy just signed a milb deal with BOS. There goes one option. Austin Jackson reportedly already turned down a 1/5-6 offer from the Angels earlier in the offseason. MLBTR just did an article on possible landing spots for Jackson. I like the Jackson option. He put up a .297 OBP in Seattle but a .342 OBP in Detroit. I'd like to see what Jackson could do in a hitter's park.

1B Davis 40

3B Machado 35

CF Jones 30

DH Trumbo 25

2B Schoop 25

Hardy 15

= 200

That's not counting

Kim 10-20

Flaherty 10

D Alvarez 10-15

Reimold 3-5

Rickard 0-3

233-248

So I agree that you don't need the homers....if Bruce were to bounce back to his career average the trade would be a huge win. Some speculate hat his second half numbers were skewed by trade rumors and then the fact that he was dealt hurt his morale. He definately could be a change of scenery guy that hits big.

Did you change your name? What was it before?

I guess I am in the minority, but I think that's the way it should be.

I preferred it that way. Just wake up one day to find that a player has been signed. None of this agonizing over every step in the process. But I don't know if it is possible anymore.

1B Davis 40

3B Machado 35

CF Jones 30

DH Trumbo 25

2B Schoop 25

Hardy 15

= 200

That's not counting

Kim 10-20

Flaherty 10

D Alvarez 10-15

Reimold 3-5

Rickard 0-3

233-248

I think this is a near best-case ceiling. I suppose, in theory, a handful of these guys could overshoot your estimates. But not many and not by much.

You have Wieters at 20, when his career high in 596 PAs at age 26 was 23.

Schoop at 25 isn't outrageous, but his career total so far is 32.

Jones is penciled in for 30, a total he's reached just twice in eight years.

Alvarez at 10-15 when he had 17 during his age 27 season mostly in AAA.

Hardy at 15 when he totaled 17 over the last two years combined.

Flaherty is projected to match his career high.

Kim is a question mark, and his power projection is probably the least reliable.

Also, your 248 number is just 16 off the all-time MLB team record. I hope they set the record, but I don't think I'd count on it.

I am glad Adam is pushing for Bruce.

Bruce was my choice all winter. I think playing for a contender will motivate him. I don't think he'll ever be a high Avg. guy, but I think he can be a .250ish guy with 30-35 HR and 85+ RBI. And from what I've heard, he isn't awful in the OF. Plus the Jays wanted him, so I'd like to rub it in their face when he hits a HR against them.

Archived