The Spring Training Overreaction Thread

Camden_yardbird

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
o

The Orioles' winning percentage over their last 1 Spring Training game is 1.000.

The Orioles' team ERA over their last 1 Spring Training Game is 1.00.

The Orioles' offense is averaging 8 runs per game over their last 1 Spring Training game ...... that's an average of 1 run per inning.

Best. Oriole. Fan. Ever.

Especially at the small price they get paid per household. When these contract were negotiated, both team on the network were perennial losers.

I will credit mlb for being ahead of the curve (in relation to other sports) as far as online programming goes. But I'm surprised that they and masn haven't figured out some subscription type service for spring training. I also think the "regional blackout" is a crazy policy that will be done away with in the next year or so, but that's probably a different discussion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will credit mlb for being ahead of the curve (in relation to other sports) as far as online programming goes. But I'm surprised that they and masn haven't figured out some subscription type service for spring training. I also think the "regional blackout" is a crazy policy that will be done away with in the next year or so, but that's probably a different discussion.

MLBAM controls the rights to all online programming. Not the teams.

Rene88 said:

Made national news that we won, Geesh. That's embarrassing.

o

When the Orioles finally won a game in 1988 after starting the season at 0-21, it was plastered over the entire back page of the NY Daily News ........ and BOTH the Yankees AND the Mets had won their respective games on that same day, and both of those teams were pennant contenders.

THAT was embarrassing.

This is just filler until the real games start being played in 3 weeks.

o

MLBAM controls the rights to all online programming. Not the teams.

Fair enough. Still expecting Mlb.tv to improve on the advances they made this winter over the next few years and catch up with other online programming.

I can currently watch any athletic event online "illegally" and it's baffling to me that the various sports leagues haven't figured out how to capitalize on that.

Fair enough. Still expecting Mlb.tv to improve on the advances they made this winter over the next few years and catch up with other online programming.

I can currently watch any athletic event online "illegally" and it's baffling to me that the various sports leagues haven't figured out how to capitalize on that.

Some people don't do illegal things. I would guess that is their audience. Also folks who want an HD, uninterrupted, on their TV, feed. With discretionary income.

Some people don't do illegal things. I would guess that is their audience. Also folks who want an HD, uninterrupted, on their TV, feed. With discretionary income.

That's the thing, the illegal sites provide all of those things. I use mlb.tv legally, but for out of market football and basketball I've been known to dabble. That being said, I would gladly pay a small fee (like the $19 a month on mlb) to see games that would be blacked out.

I guess I'm splitting hairs here, things seem to be trending towards simplicity and convenience on the Internet, and while the mlb is slow moving, at least they're going in the right direction.

That's the thing, the illegal sites provide all of those things. I use mlb.tv legally, but for out of market football and basketball I've been known to dabble. That being said, I would gladly pay a small fee (like the $19 a month on mlb) to see games that would be blacked out.

I guess I'm splitting hairs here, things seem to be trending towards simplicity and convenience on the Internet, and while the mlb is slow moving, at least they're going in the right direction.

I think MLBAM is cutting edge with online media myself. I assume that the contracts and CBA restrict much of the forward thought that you wish to see.

Archived