Opening Day Tickets Orioles Email Today (29 Game Plans HAVE OD ALREADY)

weams

Got em. That was quick, and as others have mentioned, was very very smooth compared to other OD/playoff online sales.

Got on right at 2.....and the best seats I could get were Section 8. I actually passed on those (I've sat in that general area 1,000 times already and wanted to mix it up and get seats in another area of the park) and ended up taking 2 aisle seats in Section 84.

I'm curious to see what others might have gotten around say 2:05 or so....after maybe some had timed out.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Got em. That was quick, and as others have mentioned, was very very smooth compared to other OD/playoff online sales.

Got on right at 2.....and the best seats I could get were Section 8. I actually passed on those (I've sat in that general area 1,000 times already and wanted to mix it up and get seats in another area of the park) and ended up taking 2 aisle seats in Section 84.

I'm curious to see what others might have gotten around say 2:05 or so....after maybe some had timed out.

I passed on the feedback to the Orioles.

Wife said she got in right away but it sounds like not as good of luck as others on here. Had fo settle for upper deck seats, she said all other sections kept saying only singles available. I know she has a friend that got lower level. Guess she could have kept trying but didn't want to risk it. Happy either way.

So you don;t like this? Plus the $2.00 processing fee.

Total Convenience Fee for 2 seats $5.30

Yeah, our 4 seats were $15.60, plus another $2.00 "Per Order Fee"... a real bummer, but what can we do? As an old guy, I'm bummed about no parking available.

You're missing the point. Having this incentive in place makes more people want to buy 29 game plans (see Murph) over 13s, which is more money in their pocket.

Glad you mentioned "money in their pocket." I absolutely agree that's what it should be all about and that IS part of my point.

You mentioned Murph's scenario in which he upgraded to a 29 game plan, but he also purchased the cheapest plan (which I bet is extremely common for 29 game purchases/upgrades considering the very convenient exchange system). My 13 game plan costs 50% more than Murph's 29 game plan. So I AM putting more money in their pocket and have been every single year. I put up decent money each year for the priciest 13 game plan, but I'm in the back of the line behind 1st year $494 plan owners.

I've considered upgrading....and if I did, I'd do exactly what Murph did and get an upper reserve 29 plan for $494/seat. Then I would probably exchange all 29 games down to 8-10 games with better seats. With my 13 game plan now, I'm spending $741/seat and I go to 13+ games after exchanging a couple.

So do the Orioles want me to upgrade to a 29, spend $250 LESS per seat, and ultimately attend FEWER games? If I wasn't so torn over giving up my killer 13 game seats, it'd be a no brainer. Whenever they make the playoffs again and boost season ticket sales like they did last year, I'll probably upgrade to get the guarantees and make my wife happy by putting LESS money in their pocket. Or, hopefully, I'm close to having enough years to get bumped into the next priority grouping (like the 13 gamers who were able to pick at 10 yesterday).

I suppose my perfect solution would be to distribute the opening day/playoff tickets based on "money in their pocket" (money spent per account) instead of number of games. Then, once everyone's had an opportunity, go back to the top of the same list to offer/distribute the extras.

Just my .02. First world problems. It's all good......till they make the playoffs again anyway.

I passed on the feedback to the Orioles.

Thanks for that. I wrote up a feedback email on their website (with this issue as well as praise for others, including my ticket agent), clicked submit, it was over the character limit. I've printed it and will mail it.

I have one small gripe, and it has nothing to do with the actual Opening Day process. I think they do that the best they can, although I do agree that it should be based solely on longevity and not on "how much is spent" each year or what plan you have.

No, my gripe is much, MUCH more serious in nature...

I paid about $140 for two Opening Day seats, and in return I get a paper printout ticket? Its BS man. I want the pretty Opening Day tickets that season ticket holders get. I AM a season ticket holder after all. Nope, instead of a cool collector's item, I get a piece of paper.

I know its petty, and I'm half kidding, but it does irritate me.

I have one small gripe, and it has nothing to do with the actual Opening Day process. I think they do that the best they can, although I do agree that it should be based solely on longevity and not on "how much is spent" each year or what plan you have.

I paid about $140 for two Opening Day seats, and in return I get a paper printout ticket? Its BS man. I want the pretty Opening Day tickets that season ticket holders get. I AM a season ticket holder after all. Nope, instead of a cool collector's item, I get a piece of paper.

I get what you are saying. I love modern technology but I like to keep my tickets as well. It will not look as nice as a season ticket holder ticket but you can take the paper printout and have them print tickets for you at the ticket booth. They at least look better than paper. I did this the last 2 years I think.

I get what you are saying. I love modern technology but I like to keep my tickets as well. It will not look as nice as a season ticket holder ticket but you can take the paper printout and have them print tickets for you at the ticket booth. They at least look better than paper. I did this the last 2 years I think.

You can take the paper tickets to fan services....in the warehouse....and they will print you actual tickets. I found that out last year. I think you have to do it by like the 4th-6th inning though.

I'm the same way. I like to keep my tickets....got tickets to all kinds of stuff going back a couple decades now. My wife bought me a ticket book a year or two ago to keep them in.

You can take the paper tickets to fan services....in the warehouse....and they will print you actual tickets. I found that out last year. I think you have to do it by like the 4th-6th inning though.

I'm the same way. I like to keep my tickets....got tickets to all kinds of stuff going back a couple decades now. My wife bought me a ticket book a year or two ago to keep them in.

I need to get something like that as well. My father in law has his tickets going back to the 50's.

You can take your paper ticket and exchange it for a cardboard one at the Warehouse fan assistance.

Aren't these just the TicketMaster type ticket though? I want these bad boys...

s-l225.jpg

s-l225.jpg

s-l225.jpg

s-l225.jpg.441a8020b27de8b4dc1322fcd81c6

Aren't these just the TicketMaster type ticket though? I want these bad boys...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1354[/ATTACH]

I can't see that image, but yeah, I'm pretty sure they are just the plain ticketmaster looking tickets.....there weren't any images or anything on it, just a vanilla Orioles ticket.

If it wasnt for the incentives I would just have a 13 game plan in the upper deck. So maybe your plan is more expensive but they are indeed getting $500 more from me per year than they normally would if it wasn't for that incentive of more opening day seats. I am shocked they dont limit where you can purchase seats at though. My normal seats are upstairs and I was able to get section 60 in the presale....

Archived