Opening Day Tickets Orioles Email Today (29 Game Plans HAVE OD ALREADY)

weams

The Orioles got back to me and clarified that all 29 game plans and above HAVE Opening Day included. No need to buy more, but they are permitted to at the pre-sale as per their email.

Thanks for clarifying.

So if you've got (2) tickets in a 29 game plan, you'll be able to get 4 opening day tickets before I get my first 2. Sweet.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, the 29 game plan guarantees OD tickets. I remember reading that and thought about upgrading for that reason, along with the playoff guarantee. BUT I didn't realize that OD would also be part of the 29 game plan.....

I'm a third year 13 game plan holder, and I pick at 2. So if you're third year, and picking at 10 am, it's the 29 game plan.

So.....OD is in the 29 game plan, AND they can buy additional tickets before most 13 game plan owners even get their first tickets????

Is that how this is working?

Yep, which is why I upgraded from a 13-game upper box plan to a 29-game upper reserve plan. Although I thought I would be buying at the same time as 13-game plan holders with the same seniority, I knew I would be able to buy additional Opening Day tickets.

I agree it isn't fair, in 2014 it was the same deal with playoff tickets. 29-game plan holders could buy tickets to all the games before 13-game plan holders, even the games they already had tickets to. 13-game plan holders could do the same but at a later time, and they had tickets to fewer games.

Thanks for clarifying.

So if you've got (2) tickets in a 29 game plan, you'll be able to get 4 opening day tickets before I get my first 2. Sweet.

Yes, 29 game plan holders could have 4 since the have more than twice your tickets. Correct.

Yep, which is why I upgraded from a 13-game upper box plan to a 29-game upper reserve plan. Although I thought I would be buying at the same time as 13-game plan holders with the same seniority, I knew I would be able to buy additional Opening Day tickets.

I agree it isn't fair, in 2014 it was the same deal with playoff tickets. 29-game plan holders could buy tickets to all the games before 13-game plan holders, even the games they already had tickets to. 13-game plan holders could do the same but at a later time, and they had tickets to fewer games.

I can understand having first dibs.....I don't mind that one bit.

For 2014 playoffs....I get what you're saying but I don't think it was quite the same. For 2014 playoffs, IIRC, all ST owners were offered a playoff package (2 tickets to each series) based on their plan (or at least I thought that was the case). After the packages were purchased, whatever tickets were left were offered to ST owners based on plan/seniority. It wasn't like 29 gamers were buying extras before the 13 gamers were even offered anything....which seems to be the case for OD.

To get 2 OD tickets with the 29 plan, and then to be able to buy 2 extra tickets at 10 am.....before most 13 gamers have ANY, that doesn't make any sense to me. IMO, that will result in 29 game owners taking advantage and buying the extra tickets, to sell for big bucks on stub hub and recoup some (if not all) of the 2016 price increase. I'm not saying all with do that, but let's be real - many will, and that doesn't benefit the Orioles at all.....it's not like they get a % of the profit on stub hub....or, hmmmmm, wait a minute, do they?!?!?

For 2014 playoffs....I get what you're saying but I don't think it was quite the same. For 2014 playoffs, IIRC, all ST owners were offered a playoff package (2 tickets to each series) based on their plan (or at least I thought that was the case). After the packages were purchased, whatever tickets were left were offered to ST owners based on plan/seniority. It wasn't like 29 gamers were buying extras before the 13 gamers were even offered anything....which seems to be the case for OD.

To get 2 OD tickets with the 29 plan, and then to be able to buy 2 extra tickets at 10 am.....before most 13 gamers have ANY, that doesn't make any sense to me. IMO, that will result in 29 game owners taking advantage and buying the extra tickets, to sell for big bucks on stub hub and recoup some (if not all) of the 2016 price increase. I'm not saying all with do that, but let's be real - many will, and that doesn't benefit the Orioles at all.....it's not like they get a % of the profit on stub hub....or, hmmmmm, wait a minute, do they?!?!?

It's not like you will be shut out. They are getting twice as many for more than twice as many purchased. I do not see the issue.

Also, some folk split 29 game plans. This way all parties get to go to the big game. I do not think most folks are in it for the profits. And those that are? Well, the Orioles sell them more tickets. Win Win.

It's not like you will be shut out. They are getting twice as many for more than twice as many purchased. I do not see the issue.

Based on my prior purchasing experiences in the last 3-4 years, I have zero confidence in the online purchasing "system".

If you don't see any issue with a brand new 29 game owner (who may have spent $500/seat) getting extra seats before owners who have had 13 game plans (that may be spending $740/seat) for years, then we'll just have to agree to disagree. Like I said, I have no problem with the 29 game owners having some added privileges for their extra commitment.....first dibs, better seats, whatever. But c'mon man, to give out extras before all ST owners have had a chance to buy any.....I do take issue with that. But hey, to each his own. Hopefully, I don't have any computer issues and the system doesn't crash, and if not, I guess I'll go pay top dollar and buy the surplus 29 gamers tickets on stubhub. It's all good.

Based on my prior purchasing experiences in the last 3-4 years, I have zero confidence in the online purchasing "system".

If you don't see any issue with a brand new 29 game owner (who may have spent $500/seat) getting extra seats before owners who have had 13 game plans (that may be spending $740/seat) for years, then we'll just have to agree to disagree. Like I said, I have no problem with the 29 game owners having some added privileges for their extra commitment.....first dibs, better seats, whatever. But c'mon man, to give out extras before all ST owners have had a chance to buy any.....I do take issue with that. But hey, to each his own. Hopefully, I don't have any computer issues and the system doesn't crash, and if not, I guess I'll go pay top dollar and buy the surplus 29 gamers tickets on stubhub. It's all good.

If you have any problem getting your seats, reach out to me. I' will do my best to get you taken care of. I did see your point with the money factor being brought in. I just don't think too many folks do the season tickets for the profits.

Also, some folk split 29 game plans. This way all parties get to go to the big game. I do not think most folks are in it for the profits. And those that are? Well, the Orioles sell them more tickets. Win Win.

So you think if 4 guys split (2) 29 game plans.....all 4 of those guys should get priority over a 13 game owner?

You're missing the point. Having this incentive in place makes more people want to buy 29 game plans (see Murph) over 13s, which is more money in their pocket. All those empty green seats in the middle of August are "filled" if a plan owner owns them and chooses not to go.

If you have any problem getting your seats, reach out to me. I' will do my best to get you taken care of. I did see your point with the money factor being brought in. I just don't think too many folks do the season tickets for the profits.

I appreciate that and will take you up on that if I have any issues tomorrow at 2.

They had system headaches for about the first half hour when single game tickets went on sale. They claimed they have worked the bugs out or Bmore Beaver is moving quicker on the treadmill.

Side note: I looked in my account in special offers and don't see anything for Opening Day tickets yet. I have for single game except Opening Day. I was wondering if anyone has the Opening Day link in special offers yet?

As a 13-gamer, I agree with you. Hopefully they have worked out the kinks in the online system that they seem to experience every time they have online sales like this (OD, playoffs.) Time to figure it out, guys.

Also, I never understood why they don't just ask 13-gamers if they would like to purchase OD seats when they renew/sign up for their tickets, and then sell them based on seniority. I can't imagine that wouldn't just be smoother overall. I guess it's because they also want to give 29-gamers the option to buy extras.

Archived