We get no respect from the National Media.

MDtransplant757

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unless this team's pitching really straightens up quick, 4th place could seem about right.

Ubaldo can't consistently command pitches

Tilman is hurt

Gausman is hurt

Gallardo apparently has some wear in his shoulder

Bundy isn't ready

Harvey isn't ready

Gonzalez can't crack 90

We are depending on Worley, Despaigne, Wright, Wilson? That is a lot of unproven pitchers right now. Yeah, our pen should do well, but you can't expect them to pitch 4 innings every night

There is a lot of doubt looking at this rotation right now

This 'we get no respect " from the media is an annual affair here on this page. The only way to earn "respect" is to win. Period. Coming off an 82 win season, very few people see this team as a contender. I don't care if we "shut the critics up" or not.I just want to win. Thats the ONLY satisfying thing to me. Respect is overrated.

It adds a layer of icing on the cake if we prove everyone wrong.

This 'we get no respect " from the media is an annual affair here on this page. The only way to earn "respect" is to win. Period. Coming off an 82 win season, very few people see this team as a contender. I don't care if we "shut the critics up" or not.I just want to win. Thats the ONLY satisfying thing to me. Respect is overrated.
Considering we have the most W's of any team the last 4 years I call BS on this. Something else is going on here.

Well, the Orioles were the laughing stock of baseball for like a decade mostly due to PA's antics and I guess we haven't broken out of that yet. Haven't the predictions about the Orioles record been wrong every year

since 2012? However, it's hard to argue that this team will do the same for the pitching reasons mentioned above. Our rotation really is terrible unless these guys can get/stay healthy and perform. There are serious

questions about every single one of our starters heading into April.

Considering we have the most W's of any team the last 4 years I call BS on this. Something else is going on here.

The numbers should literally speak for themselves. I get that we shouldn't be pegged for a WS appearance or hell, even 1st place in the division, but a certain level of respect should be given to us. We play more teams with 200-300 million dollar payrolls than any other division out there, and we still have been doing better than the rest over the last 4 years. On some level though, there should be a modicum of respect given. Just say, the Orioles' magic formula doesn't look good on paper, but they always exceed the predictions.

I don't disagree with his take. I think it's a fair assessment.

The team's fussing with former top prospect Kevin Gausman and the decline of Chris Tillman have raised questions about the way Baltimore develops pitching from within.

This made me chortle. It's like the national media has caught on after about 20 years.

Tired of the Rodney Dangerfield act, though. We had to have a 5 game winning streak at the end of the season to finish AT .500. I'm not expecting anything way better than that, especially with the injury concerns to the rotation that are popping up in ST.

We get no respect because we're a .500 team at best. But that's why they play the games. I don't have a good feeling, though.

I don't disagree with his take. I think it's a fair assessment.

This made me chortle. It's like the national media has caught on after about 20 years.

Tired of the Rodney Dangerfield act, though. We had to have a 5 game winning streak at the end of the season to finish AT .500. I'm not expecting anything way better than that, especially with the injury concerns to the rotation that are popping up in ST.

We get no respect because we're a .500 team at best. But that's why they play the games. I don't have a good feeling, though.

If we are a .500 team then why is the prediction 69-93? that looks a tad under .500.

Archived