Olmos is back

oriolesacox

Do we expect Olmos to keep a roster spot? If so, are we going to be in an inflexible position to option players like last season? They don't appear to want to trade Britton. So you have:

Britton

O'Day

Brach

Givens

Bundy

Matusz

Olmos

Worley.

That's 8 guys for 7 spots if a starter is added. Will Givens end up getting the Gausman treatment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do we expect Olmos to keep a roster spot? If so, are we going to be in an inflexible position to option players like last season? They don't appear to want to trade Britton. So you have:

Britton

O'Day

Brach

Givens

Bundy

Matusz

Olmos

Worley.

That's 8 guys for 7 spots if a starter is added. Will Givens end up getting the Gausman treatment?

I think that there is a possibility that Bundy may find his way onto the DL, don't you?

I think that there is a possibility that Bundy may find his way onto the DL, don't you?

Sure, but I don't think they can hide him on the DL all season. And even if they do, they are in a similar position as last season where they don't have guys to send down.

Someone better than Lake. The Orioles made this trade near the deadline and may have just settled for Lake.

So you admit you dont know how to value Hunter. An overpaid middle reliever with 2 months left on his contract. No wonder you are upset because your expectations were destined to fail.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Britton

O'Day

Brach

Givens

Bundy

Matusz

Olmos

Worley.

Players get DFA'd all the time at the end of ST. It's the best time to pass them through waivers. We have Hoes, Paredes, Roe, Olmos all battling for positions, that could all be DFA'd. It wont surprise me to see Olmos DFA'd whenever we add the next guy to the 40 man.

Various rumors say he may move to the rotation if they can't get a lefty starter via trade or free agency. Perhaps this is just preparing for that?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk

I sure hope they don't put him in the rotation. I think that has failure written all

over it. IMO

The Orioles also signed lefty Jeff Beliveau to a minor league contract. Coming off injury in 2015, he had limited success in Tampa. DD has now brought in 3 lefties that could compete for bullpen spots.

I think it makes sense for them to get value for Britton and move on from Matusz. Create a bullpen with flexibility.

Seattle is really cleaning house with their 40 man roster relievers. They traded us rifenhouser. We claimed Olmos off waivers and now they just DFA'd Rob Rasmussen. Would not surprise me to see us DFA Olmos and claim Rasmussen if he falls to us. Just for the fact that he has an option left and Olmos is out of options. There's a small chance Olmos could clear. Especially right after the rule 5. After the Trumbo trade we could possibly have all three guys we had to choose from. Rifenhouser, Rasmussen and Olmos. All lefties.

Seattle is really cleaning house with their 40 man roster relievers. They traded us rifenhouser. We claimed Olmos off waivers and now they just DFA'd Rob Rasmussen. Would not surprise me to see us DFA Olmos and claim Rasmussen if he falls to us. Just for the fact that he has an option left and Olmos is out of options. There's a small chance Olmos could clear. Especially right after the rule 5. After the Trumbo trade we could possibly have all three guys we had to choose from. Rifenhouser, Rasmussen and Olmos. All lefties.

This is definitely what I would do. Pick him up and DFA Olmos. If he passes, great. If not, oh well.

Great call. It's likely a dead-lock that Dan does exactly that. Rasmusen is a former 2nd round pick - Dan loves to grab former high picks.

• 3 months later...

Archived