It's here! It's Opening Day!

weams

Is it supposed to rain this afternoon?? I had no idea. Nobody talking about it on here so I assume no big deal.

Looks like 69 and cloudy at game time with scattered showers at 4 and 6. I'm seeing about a quarter inch of rain over about 3 hours, but it could be hit or miss.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They spent all morning on 105.7 talking about the weather outlook for this afternoon and its not good at all.

Weather guy just on the station seemed to indicate that the game would be played. Although I really didn't understand his reasoning. Said there would be no thunder or lighting so therefore no need for stoppage. Like he was discussing a football game instead of a baseball game.

Weather guy just on the station seemed to indicate that the game would be played. Although I really didn't understand his reasoning. Said there would be no thunder or lighting so therefore no need for stoppage. Like he was discussing a football game instead of a baseball game.

LOL, guess he thinks, that they going to play in heavy rains. SMH :)

Weather and rain is not easy to predict in this area, it could rain all around the city and the park stay relatively dry, or vice versa.

I'm no meteorologist but it looks like this is a game they would get in...with normal circumstances. Maybe a delay, maybe crap weather after the first couple innings but it will clear out.

The only thing that makes me have reservations about this is that there is an off day tomorrow. If the weather is in question, would they just push the game til tomorrow?

Either way, I'm heading downtown soon...Can't wait.

It's spring, it's April, and it rains a little, play thru it it's opening day ;)

So excited. Glad the weather will at least be nice before the game, last year (or maybe 2 years ago) it was miserable and the local businesses were affected.

I look forward to shaming the people relieving themselves in the alley behind my house. I may hang a sign on the back fence offering $2 Bohs.

So excited. Glad the weather will at least be nice before the game, last year (or maybe 2 years ago) it was miserable and the local businesses were affected.

I look forward to shaming the people relieving themselves in the alley behind my house. I may hang a sign on the back fence offering $2 Bohs.

Rent a pit bull and chain him to your fence for a couple of hours, that should keep them away. :)

Archived