Who is your DH today if Jones is out?

wildcard

Davis was very good against lefties last year too. But sure, Adam would be much better. No one in the minor leagues would be expected to do better against Price than Pedro. Who at least frightens David.
Reimold will do better v Price than Pedro. Has Pedro ever faced Price? I think not. And I prefer a SS of 650 PA to the 65 v LHP he had last year. BTW CD has always hit LHP pretty well, career .740 OPS.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would say Alvarez needs to see as few lefties as possible, and Price should not be among those few. Pedro's career .599 OPS against lefties, in 625 plate appearances, includes 224 Ks and a .202 BA. He has hit 17 HRs, though, and last year his OPS against lefties was up to .712. Still, his best use against LH starters is on the bench, waiting for a RH reliever.

Lefties hit Price better than righties, though. Wheat and Davis are both lefties and they hit him well and Price's slash against lefties last year of .262/.284/.354, 4HR is better than his slash against righties of .219/.267/.316, 13HR

though righties get more home runs, but that's about it.

Wieters doesn't bat LH v Price he is a SH.

Wieters doesn't bat LH v Price he is a SH.

Oh, right. I try to forget that he does that since his career line as a RH is terrible and should be abandoned. I thought his LH vs LHP numbers were a lot better looking, but it's been awhile since I peeked. Pretty sure, though.

Oh, right. I try to forget that he does that since his career line as a RH is terrible and should be abandoned. I thought his LH vs LHP numbers were a lot better looking, but it's been awhile since I peeked. Pretty sure, though.
Wieters' career splits: v LHP .820 OPS, v RHP .712. try using baseball reference sometime, it's full of amazing numbers.

Didn't his splits flip flop a couple times like Alvarez' did last year?
Perhaps you haven't noticed but Wieters has been playing injured the last two years and his SS are small, 372 PA total. From 2011 -2013 when he was healthy and playing full time he was much better v LHP than RHP. In in one and a half seasons 2009 2010 he had better splits v RHP in 887 PA total. His 2011-2013 1567 PA is more convincing to me.

Perhaps you haven't noticed but Wieters has been playing injured the last two years and his SS are small, 372 PA total. From 2011 -2013 when he was healthy and playing full time he was much better v LHP than RHP. In in one and a half seasons 2009 2010 he had better splits v RHP in 887 PA total. His 2011-2013 1567 PA is more convincing to me.

I thought he had changed his approach and become more left dominant. He was still SHJ back in 2012. Long time ago.

Pedro is hardly worth playing against RHPs. He should not be remotely under consideration against Price.

119 sOPS+ vs. righties last season and 120, 131 and 127 sOPS+ vs. righties over the previous three season. But ok, hardly worth playing. These 18 plate appearance have really put the nail in the coffin on his career.

119 sOPS+ vs. righties last season and 120, 131 and 127 sOPS+ vs. righties over the previous three season. But ok, hardly worth playing. These 18 plate appearance have really put the nail in the coffin on his career.
Sometimes you have to wonder if this is some people's first rodeo.

Archived