Some impressions of Mark Trumbo

Frobby

o

(MAY 8th)

Trumbo has been on fire, pretty much all season.

The other position players and/or DH's have had their ups and down, but Trumbo has been the one constant that has not slumped save for Kim and Reimold, neither of whom have been playing regularly.

Manny has been pretty consistently phenomenal outside of a 10 or 12 PA slump.

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(MAY 8th)

Trumbo has been on fire, pretty much all season.

The other position players and/or DH's have had their ups and down, but Trumbo has been the one constant that has not slumped save for Kim and Reimold, neither of whom have been playing regularly.

(vs. TWINS, 5/11)

2 more home runs for Trumbo.

11 on the season.

He's sizzling hot.

I don't care about his slumps, which will come. I don't care about his strikeouts which will be high.

I want the Orioles to re-sign Mark Trumbo right now before his price becomes too high.

If he remains healthy he will be an All Star this year.

He's not a great fielder but is capable of playing the outfield position better than Nelson Cruz.

I believe the reason the Orioles didn't get into the post season last year was the inability to find a bat to replace Nelson Cruz. We found one this year, and his name is Mark Trumbo.

Mark is 6 years younger than Cruz, and figures to hit well at OPCY and seems to be a very popular guy in the clubhouse. No baggage. Hard worker. Positive attitude.

The Mariners signed Cruz for an average of about 15 million a year. Then and now, it was a bargain.Trumbo might ask for 18-20million per. I think he's worth it. Sign him now and lets keep this core together and then sign Manny too.

AMEN!! Don't let him go with some sort of inflexible bureaucratic policy of "we don't sign players during the season." Get him signed NOW and then get Manny signed. If either (especially Manny) go into free agency, their prices will be dizzyingly (is this a word) high.

My dad has actually mentioned this. Cruz was more of a HR guy, whereas Trumbo has proven we can hit for singles and go for the big ball. I'd get Machado locked down first, however

Nelson Cruz actually had an enormous slump of almost a three month period while an Oriole. He of course bookended that with Bondsian months. Trumbo could go could for a while and still do well.

AMEN!! Don't let him go with some sort of inflexible bureaucratic policy of "we don't sign players during the season." Get him signed NOW and then get Manny signed. If either (especially Manny) go into free agency, their prices will be dizzyingly (is this a word) high.

Trumbo's stats will in all likelihood even out and be closer to his career numbers. It could still be a career year for him, but he's not going to hit .320 with 55 homeruns (his current pace). You don't sign him now. That is the definition of buying high.

I would love to be able to sign everybody, but with the lack of depth in free agency this year I think Trumbo is going to cost way too much. Take the pick and spend that money on Manny. Trey Mancini will ready to step into the lineup next season at DH and we can sign a real outfielder (and starting pitcher) with Wieters, Trumbo, and Alvarez coming off the books.

By the way if we are going to spend big bucks on Trumbo.....AND somehow sign Manny we are no longer the Baltimore Orioles.

We are the Yankees. We are the Red Sox. We are the Nationals. Which isn't going to happen. We can't spend like those teams.

AMEN !!!

Don't let him go with some sort of inflexible bureaucratic policy of "We don't sign players during the season."

Get him signed NOW, and then get Machado signed. If either (especially Machado) go into free-agency, their prices will be dizzyingly (is this a word) high.

The Orioles may not do it very often, but they did sign Adam Jones to his long-term extension during the season in late May of 2012.

I'd rather have a front line pitcher to go along with Gausman. Manny should be a priority, not one dimensional sluggers. I don't believe because they signed Davis to a ridiculous contract it means the money will be available every year. And this seems premature for a little more than a month.

I don't care about his slumps, which will come. I don't care about his strikeouts which will be high.

I want the Orioles to re-sign Mark Trumbo right now before his price becomes too high.

If he remains healthy he will be an All Star this year.

He's not a great fielder but is capable of playing the outfield position better than Nelson Cruz.

I believe the reason the Orioles didn't get into the post season last year was the inability to find a bat to replace Nelson Cruz. We found one this year, and his name is Mark Trumbo.

Mark is 6 years younger than Cruz, and figures to hit well at OPCY and seems to be a very popular guy in the clubhouse. No baggage. Hard worker. Positive attitude.

The Mariners signed Cruz for an average of about 15 million a year. Then and now, it was a bargain.Trumbo might ask for 18-20million per. I think he's worth it. Sign him now and lets keep this core together and then sign Manny too.

The reason the O's didn't make the play offs had nothing to do with Cruz, it was the SP. Trumbo's a notorious fast starter. Lets at least wait until July. Besides we have Walker and Mancini next year.

The Orioles may not do it very often, but they did sign Adam Jones to his long-term extension during the season in late May of 2012.
JJ Hardy too.

Both of those guys had track records of more than one month with the team.

Trumbo appears to like it here in Baltimore. Sign him. We can afford both him and Machado. We can also find quality pitching in two years in free agency. The Orioles have more money than than people think.

This could be a fun club to watch with all of the power and young pitching that they have.

I have a general sense that most of the players on this team like playing with each other, and would like to see that continue if at all possible.

I believe that that may have been a small reason why Davis came back. He clearly tested the waters, used as much leverage as he could in terms of maximizing his profits, but I also sense that deep down he really wanted to come back and was hoping that he, his agent, and the Orioles would find a way to work it out.

I'm hoping that several of the others follow suit, as long as the Orioles make them reasonable offers without low-balling them.

Again, this is just a general sense that I have, with no empirical proof whatsoever ...... in other words, it's my rat's ass of an opinion.

Archived