vs. BLUE JAYS, 4/21

Sessh

By the way, Tillman came close to the 12 Pitches per inning that was needed to make it through six.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For all the complaints, he's looking like the best Oriole starter this year. FB in early-mid 90s and locating, throwing a decent strike% and getting strikeouts on his out pitches. I'm encouraged, and nervous about getting my hopes up.

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you basing this opinion off of this year or last year because either way, you're wrong.

I'm basing it off of watching each of his starts. Oh, and he's striking out 5 more per 9, giving up the same amount of hits, and walking 1 more per 9. Watch him pitch and get back to me, don't watch a box score. 101 MPH fastball, 94 MPH slider, and a devastating change-up. He's 23, he's the guy you build a team around, not a 30 year old.

Dead serious question, which is the worst trade,

Travis d'arnaud and syndergaard for ra dickey and josh thole or arrieta and strop for Feldman?

It's got to be the blue Jays giving up arnaud and syndergaard right?

Well they were top prospects at the time. Arrieta and Strop were odds and ends. Apples and oranges somewhat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh, so that's your standard. You must think Nolan Ryan is the greatest pitcher of all time then. Lol.

Arrieta's second half ERA last year was 0.75. Zero .75. Opponents hit .131 off him. One thirty one. Sandy Koufax in 65, Gibson in 68, Hershhiser in 88 had this kind of performance. Jake has been the most dominant pitcher in baseball for the last year. Maybe Noah takes that title away from him, but not just yet.

I'm basing it off of watching each of his starts. Oh, and he's striking out 5 more per 9, giving up the same amount of hits, and walking 1 more per 9. Watch him pitch and get back to me, don't watch a box score. 101 MPH fastball, 94 MPH slider, and a devastating change-up. He's 23, he's the guy you build a team around, not a 30 year old.

The question wasn't who would you build your team around, it's who's the better pitcher right now.

I'm not basing my answer off of a few games any more than it makes sense to just base it off of the last start alone where Jake threw another no hitter.

Who would be the pitcher to build around and who is the best pitcher right now are entirely different discussions.

Well, any credibility you thought you had just went bye bye instantly if you believe that.

Jake Arrieta last four years: 39-19, 2.21 (0.93), 5CG, 4SO, 2 no hitters and a Cy Young award

Noah Syndergaard 170 innings: 11-7, 2.96 (1.04), 0CG, 0SO, 0 no hitters, 0 Cy Young awards

Sorry, but Jake is far better right now over a far longer span of time and it's not even close. Syndergaard is good, but to say he is better than a Cy Young winner coming off his second no hitter in less than three months

of starts is nuts.

Archived