Chris Davis looks amazing

Diehard_O's_Fan

I care about him hitting .192. Right now that is only helping the team because Trumbo is on a hot streak. If Trumbo goes cold the .192 average is going to hurt the team.

How would the team be improved by Davis hitting singles in front of a slumping Trumbo, as opposed to drawing walks in front of a slumping Trumbo?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
His average will pick up. He is hitting home runs and taking walks when he doesn't hit home runs. You can't satisfy people on here. All they want to do is point out every flaw every player has. I think they would bash babe ruth if he was on the team.

He really should spend the offseason with Brady getting into shape.

Thanks for the encouraging words. Now get ready for the backlash.

Chris Davis is batting .192. He is batting .192, and he has 5 HR and 11 RBI in 15 games with an OPS of .854. This is Adam Dunn-esque, except that Davis is playing gold glove defense at 1B.

Imagine when Davis is batting .250.[/quote

And it's April. I'm looking forward to May!

His average will pick up. He is hitting home runs and taking walks when he doesn't hit home runs. You can't satisfy people on here. All they want to do is point out every flaw every player has. I think they would bash babe ruth if he was on the team.

To be fair, Babe Ruth has been dead for many years now. I realize it wouldn't be as bad as the Gallardo contract looks so far, and you wouldn't have to give up a pick for him at this point, and he's Babe Ruth and all, but I think I'd take lifetime .500 hitter Hyun Soo Kim over been-dead-for-68-years lifetime mere .342 hitter Babe Ruth. Just my two cents.

.192 average is pretty terrible. Babe Ruth was a career .342 hitter. Not many guys have multiple sub .200 batting average seasons.

Um, the list of hitters who look good compared to one of the greatest hitters who ever lived is extremely small. A pretty hyperbolic statement to say the least.

.192 average is pretty terrible. Babe Ruth was a career .342 hitter. Not many guys have multiple sub .200 batting average seasons.

Oh my God - we are fewer than 20 games into the season. He had one bad night to do that, he had a good night and his average is back up. His OBP is killing it and he leads the team in walks. He will get hits.

Archived