Wow, Kim is untouchable

cm1290

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd especially like to see Kim playing against the finesse pitchers. He only swings at strikes, and seems to time offspeed stuff well.

Yep. If nothing else, the guy knows how to work a count, and seems to have good pitch recognition on offspeed pitches. That's two things that we aren't doing very well right now as a whole.

Something about Kim reminds me of Wade Boggs.

Yeah, I'm not putting Kim in Hall of Fame or claiming he can drink 64 beers on a cross-country flight. But Kim seems to have the ability to find the outfield grass on relatively softly hit balls. I suspect he'll consistently generate an above-average BABIP.

I swear, some of you will go to great lengths to discredit this guy.
Yup it's always the usual suspects who do.

Let's keep the discussion on the players and team. I've about had enough of the petty poster squabbles for now.

Oh geez, really Buck?

You are taking credit?

I think watching some games, kind of getting acclimated to some things may have worked in his favor,

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bal-hyun-soo-kim-collects-three-hits-will-be-in-lineup-thursday-in-series-finale-against-astros-20160525-story.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

He has four multi-hit games in nine starts.

So, after tonight's game, when does everyone think Kim gets his next start?

1) Thursday in Houston

2) Over the weekend in Cleveland

3) vs Boston

4) Later?

Buck said in an interview yesterday that his plan was to get Kim in 2/3 games in Houston. So yea Kim should be in tonight.

And what would we get for Pedro? More AAAA "useful" pieces? Pedro is a professional hitter and should figure it out at some point

That would be fine with me. Addition by subtraction. I would rather have two of Reimold, Kim, and Rickard playing every day over Alvarez. Folks on the board have been saying he will come around for two months now, but he is what he is. A .234/.746 hitter who strikes out a lot but hits home runs against RHP on occasion, and brings nothing defensively. We can do better than that.

That would be fine with me. Addition by subtraction. I would rather have two of Reimold, Kim, and Rickard playing every day over Alvarez. Folks on the board have been saying he will come around for two months now, but he is what he is. A .234/.746 hitter who strikes out a lot but hits home runs against RHP on occasion, and brings nothing defensively. We can do better than that.

With our lineup Pedro's bat is redundant I get it. I just like having someone around who I know can put together a hot streak.

The Mighty Kim.

“There’s many, many things that I worked on, but the main thing was our hitting coach, Scott Coolbaugh, was talking to me about not doing too much when I’m up there,” Kim said, via interpreter Danny Lee. “‘Try to stay as you’re doing in the cage and in BP. Please take that into the game to make sure you perform just as you are, not overpowering.’ So he asked me that, and it turned out well today."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bal-hyun-soo-kim-collects-three-hits-will-be-in-lineup-thursday-in-series-finale-against-astros-20160525-story.html

The Mighty Kim.

“There’s many, many things that I worked on, but the main thing was our hitting coach, Scott Coolbaugh, was talking to me about not doing too much when I’m up there,” Kim said, via interpreter Danny Lee. “‘Try to stay as you’re doing in the cage and in BP. Please take that into the game to make sure you perform just as you are, not overpowering.’ So he asked me that, and it turned out well today."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bal-hyun-soo-kim-collects-three-hits-will-be-in-lineup-thursday-in-series-finale-against-astros-20160525-story.html

Kim the Eskimo.

Something about Kim reminds me of Wade Boggs.

Yeah, I'm not putting Kim in Hall of Fame or claiming he can drink 64 beers on a cross-country flight. But Kim seems to have the ability to find the outfield grass on relatively softly hit balls. I suspect he'll consistently generate an above-average BABIP.

How many beers can Kim drink in a cross country flight?

Archived