Wow, Kim is untouchable

cm1290

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Which worked since Reimold got a hit.

I can't complain about Kim or Reimold pinch hitting for each other.

Me either. Neither appear to be real difference makers. I think it is Rickard who needs to sit a spell myself. And I am interested in seeing the Orioles obtain a left fielder. This seem s like a team that could go far with a few tweaks.

Which worked since Reimold got a hit.

I can't complain about Kim or Reimold pinch hitting for each other.

When's the last time Kim pinch hit for Reimold, let alone in the sixth inning? I think the only time was in the top of the ninth against Texas a month ago.

With only 15 starts under Reimold's belt there hasn't been a bevy of opportunities.

I'm glad when either of them gets a chance over right field options like Flaherty.

I like Flaherty as the super utility role. Anything more than that and he's exposed very quickly. With Reimold and Kim on the roster, the only way he should start in the outfield is if an extremely tough right-hander is on the mound of a right-hander that really struggles to get LH hitters out. Even then it should not be every time.

With only 15 starts under Reimold's belt there hasn't been a bevy of opportunities.

I'm glad when either of them gets a chance over right field options like Flaherty.

In Ryans defense when is the last time he played in the outfield. I like Ryan but he should not be on a MLB roster.

And to reply to weams post - we need a SP and a real left fielder. Then I think this team can go places.

EDIT: and a true 3rd baseman. At least until JJ comes back

In Ryans defense when is the last time he played in the outfield. I like Ryan but he should not be on a MLB roster.

And to reply to weams post - we need a SP and a real left fielder. Then I think this team can go places.

Boston earlier this year, if I recall he hesitated on a ball.

In 29 scattered MLB at bats, Kim is slashing .379/.455/.414 good for an .868 OPS. He got 17 at-bats between April 23 and May 7th and got eight hits, two RBI, a walk and only one strikeout. Buck cut his time back again

and he's 0-for-6 with a walk in the six at bats he has had since. It still absolutely boggles my mind how people are ready to count him out after being used so inconsistently and unfairly. Am I to believe Ryan Flaherty in

right field helps the team more than Kim in left? There were a lot of people here who felt Kim's D was horrible, but that has since been proven grossly inaccurate by his play. His bat is slow to come around, but he still finds

ways to help the team when he gets in the game. I just don't get it. How is he supposed to get comfortable and build confidence if Buck is so obviously biased against giving him any kind of chance even when he does

well? Is 29 ABs really enough for people to say he's no good all things considered with Kim's overall situation in coming here? I don't get it. You'd think Kim was hurting the team at every turn based on Buck's attitude

towards him as well as some of the people on here.

I'd rather see Kim starting every day in left for awhile and using Reimold/Rickard in right field. We know what Reimold is and we know his track record for health prevents him from playing too often, but he should be playing

more and Rickard should be playing less. It's hard to take Buck seriously when he's playing an emergency outfielder like Flaherty over giving Kim a start. Yesterday's start wasn't even a full start. Being yanked in the sixth

for a pinch hitter won't do much for his confidence or adjustment either.

Reimold has been pretty healthy since he finally made it back from the broken neck in 2014.

I think we should be past using his past injuries as an excuse.

He should be judged on his quality of play.

Judging by the team going after Fowler, picking up Rickard and going all the way to Korea in attempts to fill left field, it doesn't seem that the team was/is prepared to rely on Reimold in a regular, every day role. I, for one,

am not willing to take the chance of him getting injured again. He is more valuable if he's healthy and Kim is the one being paid 7M to play left every day. Reimold in an every day role is, IMO, a last resort. He is producing

well and staying fresh and should definitely be playing more, but not every day. It's not really an excuse to me so much as a preventative measure to keep him healthy and as fresh as possible. He's had recurrent shoulder

issues, neck issues, leg issues and probably other injury issues I'm forgetting. I'm not willing to risk it personally.

In 29 scattered MLB at bats, Kim is slashing .379/.455/.414 good for an .868 OPS. He got 17 at-bats between April 23 and May 7th and got eight hits, two RBI, a walk and only one strikeout. Buck cut his time back again

and he's 0-for-6 with a walk in the six at bats he has had since. It still absolutely boggles my mind how people are ready to count him out after being used so inconsistently and unfairly. Am I to believe Ryan Flaherty in

right field helps the team more than Kim in left? There were a lot of people here who felt Kim's D was horrible, but that has since been proven grossly inaccurate by his play. His bat is slow to come around, but he still finds

ways to help the team when he gets in the game. I just don't get it. How is he supposed to get comfortable and build confidence if Buck is so obviously biased against giving him any kind of chance even when he does

well? Is 29 ABs really enough for people to say he's no good all things considered with Kim's overall situation in coming here? I don't get it. You'd think Kim was hurting the team at every turn based on Buck's attitude

towards him as well as some of the people on here.

I'd rather see Kim starting every day in left for awhile and using Reimold/Rickard in right field. We know what Reimold is and we know his track record for health prevents him from playing too often, but he should be playing

more and Rickard should be playing less. It's hard to take Buck seriously when he's playing an emergency outfielder like Flaherty over giving Kim a start. Yesterday's start wasn't even a full start. Being yanked in the sixth

for a pinch hitter won't do much for his confidence or adjustment either.

Funny, I find it a lot easier to take Buck seriously, than I do you.

Archived