Wow, Kim is untouchable

cm1290

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said Kim earned more playing time two weeks ago. I recognize what Buck recognizes about him. His value is obp. He's below average defensively, he's average at best running and he has shown no hr power. Hr power in camden yards is a really nice to have. All that being said, if he can achieve a 350-370 obp, I'm all for him playing every day. All I've ever said is that Rickard has a higher ceiling. I've never said Rickard would end up better than Kim. I say let him play and see how he does.

Again. On what basis are you able to make conclusions about Kim's power? Please provide empirical evidence and not just your eye test

Rene doesn't like all the positive attention given to Kim. Doesn't fit his narrative

What they he is a slap hitter with no power and subpar defense? Yep, that's true.

Speaking of bad fielding, I need to see how Parades is doing after his initial homer/errors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What they he is a slap hitter with no power and subpar defense? Yep, that's true.

Speaking of bad fielding, I need to see how Parades is doing after his initial homer/errors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He has earned more WAR than Nick Markakis.

I said Kim earned more playing time two weeks ago. I recognize what Buck recognizes about him. His value is obp. He's below average defensively, he's average at best running and he has shown no hr power. Hr power in camden yards is a really nice to have. All that being said, if he can achieve a 350-370 obp, I'm all for him playing every day. All I've ever said is that Rickard has a higher ceiling. I've never said Rickard would end up better than Kim. I say let him play and see how he does.

Again. On what basis are you able to make conclusions about Kim's power? Please provide empirical evidence and not just your eye test

I'm rooting for Kim, believe it or not. But, I've never seem hit threaten the wall yet. Nothing would make me happier than to see him start, succeed, play average D, average base running, get on base like a leadoff hitter should and hit 10-15 homeruns. What I see with my eyes, and forgive me because we aren't allowed to do that any more, is that he doesn't have much power. I will be happy to be proven wrong but I see a one trick pony who happens to provide exactly what we need. That's why I'm advocating playing him more.

I'm rooting for Kim, believe it or not. But, I've never seem hit threaten the wall yet. Nothing would make me happier than to see him start, succeed, play average D, average base running, get on base like a leadoff hitter should and hit 10-15 homeruns. What I see with my eyes, and forgive me because we aren't allowed to do that any more, is that he doesn't have much power. I will be happy to be proven wrong but I see a one trick pony who happens to provide exactly what we need. That's why I'm advocating playing him more.

Well he scored from 1st on a long 2 out single. So that's a good sign.

And with all that, ZERO WAR.

Which still gives him a higher WAR than Joey Rickard and Pedro Alvarez. At least Markakis is capable of putting together professional at-bats with a respectable strikeout to walk ratio. Of course he's not worth anywhere near $11 million a year but he would still be an upgrade over what they've trotted out at DH and LF this season.

Which still gives him a higher WAR than Joey Rickard and Pedro Alvarez. At least Markakis is capable of putting together professional at-bats with a respectable strikeout to walk ratio. Of course he's not worth anywhere near $11 million a year but he would still be an upgrade over what they've trotted out at DH and LF this season.
I am convinced Kim can do the same for a lot less money.

Archived